Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ruby Tuesday

Proactiv - Skin getting used to it? Or just body changes?

I'm going out of my mind. I'm a long time acne sufferer (I'm 24 now, been dealing with this since I was 11)

I've tried EVERYTHING. Proactiv was the only thing that worked.

Then I got pregnant, and luckily I was blessed with 9 months of beautiful clear skin.

Now it's come to bite me in the ass. :lol:

It's worse than it's ever been, and now I'm suffering from something I've never had before: LARGE RED BUMPS. They're sore, they're full of puss, and I HATE THEM.

Proactiv seems to be doing nothing anymore.

In the morning I do the following:

Wash

Tone

Repair Lotion

Moisturize

At night:

Wash

Tone

Repair

I don't know what to do anymore, and I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and finally (!!) go see a dermo.

The worst thing is my daughter is now pointing out my acne and saying "Uck" and it kind of hurts. :|

Should I dump the Proactiv and try something new?

Pregnancy can change our skin, that's for sure! And breastfeeding and birthcontrol pills too. So if any of those factors change, our skin can rebel!

If Proactiv isn't working anymore, it may be time to ditch it! Have you considered the Clear Skin Regimen? It takes a much gentler approach than Proactiv, and from what most people here say it is much more effective than Proactiv (it is for me!).

Read through the CSR and see what you think.

And of course, a derm is always an option too!

Good luck!

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

how much BP (the stuff in the 2 oz bottle for Proactiv) were you using when you quit?

if it was a fairly small amount, it might be worth trying a lot of Dan's BP. more BP is more effective and Proactiv is expensive and does not have much BP, while Dan's is fairly inexpensive and has a lot. i have also used Proactiv and i found Dans BP to be more gentle and easy on the skin (Proactiv stung my skin a fair amt)

also you might want to look into accutane if you are developing cysts (consult derma)

-bob

hey i did proactive too it cleared up my acne and then it came back i dont know what to do but now i do the CSR and its working for me wash your face with a non medicated wash then apply BP to your face then put a moustrizer on that wont clog your pores!!!!!

good luck

i never had big red bumps like what you described before i bought proactiv and got a mob of them after usig it for about a week, i'm sure it was the proactive because it was the only products i was using on my face. then i found this site and cleaned up the mess proactiv caused so if i was you i would stop using it and try this regimen.

I have been using Proactive for about 2 years now, at first it cleared up my face, but using all of the products that come in the kit over dried my face causing even redder and more spots to errupt. I only use the cleanser at the moment. I still find it over drying and expensive! I think I will try something else and test the waters.