Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spottystarlet

post acne hyperpigmentation

I have had acne for about 10 years now and I have almost always had active acne on my face, back and chest. The acne itself doesnt bother me that much..what pisses me off are the hyperpigmented marks that all spots leave behind..whether you pick them or not! (black skin has a huge tendency to do this)

Its got to a point now after I had (and I think I am still having) my most persistent outbreak in a while, that I cant go out without a high neck top and it absolutely ruined my holiday cos I didnt have the balls to wear a bikini cos the scars were (and still are) so much.

Its summer and I would love to get out there and show off some flesh like everyone else, but I hate to say that my blemishes are winning the battle :( but the war aint over yet and Im determined to win!

so could you tell me what you have used and worked best for clearing your dark marks

spottystarletx

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

You're probably best getting a Retinol and a product that's main ingredient is Hydroquinone. A member on here called KeithR23 (??) had good results with a particular scar revision kit, perhaps look around in the threads or PM him.

Also, you may want to head over to the scar forums because you may run a better chance of people who know about scars seeing it.

This is very do-able, you just have to employ some smart, diligent skin care. Try not to beat yourself up about it, you'll get to wear that bikini in the near future. Just think, it's one summer that you'll save yourself from harmful UV rays.

You're probably best getting a Retinol and a product that's main ingredient is Hydroquinone. A member on here called KeithR23 (??) had good results with a particular scar revision kit, perhaps look around in the threads or PM him.

Also, you may want to head over to the scar forums because you may run a better chance of people who know about scars seeing it.

This is very do-able, you just have to employ some smart, diligent skin care. Try not to beat yourself up about it, you'll get to wear that bikini in the near future. Just think, it's one summer that you'll save yourself from harmful UV rays.

Will post again in the scar forum. I am a bit scared about using hydroquinone though..I have seen some people who had worse pigmentation after using it but thanks for the advice. My new target is December when I go on holiday again..should be enough time to get the unblemished back and chest that Im after.