Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paq12

Using CSR only at night

Well, I'm going to try the CSR only at night now. I'm going to use a 10% bp wash in the morning only, then at night, cleanser and bp gel only.

The main reason is I absolutely hate moisturizer and know that it is the reason for breakouts so I'm not going to use moisturizer anymore.

Also, I'm tired of these old red acne marks staying longer due to the bp gel use twice a day, so maybe if I give my face a break in the morning, the marks will go away faster. I guess I'll see how it goes.

Wow, just one day of not using bp gel in the morning and my marks seem less dark. I knew it was the bp gel delaying healing. :confused:

Are you sure the moisturizer is the cause for your breakouts? Which moisturizer have you been using? If you post a link, we can check it out and maybe figure out why it would be breaking you out. The problem with doing the CSR without using a moisturizer is that even though you may not look or feel dry at first, your skin IS drying out. Dry skin is irritated skin, and irritated skin causes acne.

As for the redmarks, have you ever tried glycolic acid?

I was using Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer with spf 15. My face naturally gets oily. It has never broken out from being too dry but has over and over again broken out when it was oily, which is what any moisturizer does for me.

I've never tried glycolic acid. I'll look into it.