Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi i have been using neostrata 8%AHA for the last two weeks and have had 3 new papules spring up in the last 2 days. Its no big deal and they are healing up rapidly but i was wondering could this be a result of an initial breakout or is it no good for me skin? the rest of my skin has improved alot?

any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

hi i have been using neostrata 8%AHA for the last two weeks and have had 3 new papules spring up in the last 2 days. Its no big deal and they are healing up rapidly but i was wondering could this be a result of an initial breakout or is it no good for me skin? the rest of my skin has improved alot?

any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

hey,

AHAs tend to cause initial breakouts, like many other products. I actually had a similar experience with a product I used to tolerate just fine (Neutrogena Healthy Skin spf 15 with glycolic acid) and gave up on it because I didn't want to risk anything... But if you stick with it (and use a proper sunscreen, since AHAs increase your sun sensitivity) the benefits will be visible in a while.