Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucy mum

Performing dermabrasion whilst on accutane

Is there anybody who had dermabrasion been done whilst on accutane? If so, will dermabrasion cause scarring during which you are still on accutane course?

I was told by my doctor that the scarring on accutane is not even proven. The makers of accutane put warnings about tons of stuff that will never happen to u on it but that has been brought up so for safety reasons they put it with the rare side effects. Depression is one that is no true at all. Hell I felt great on tane the drug was a friggin antidepressant once it cleared my skin totally and made me feel good. No one gets depression from tane they get it from horrible acne and scars.

Even though there has been only one study on the use of tane and skin resurfacing I would still wait at least 3 months after to do anything. Your skin would probably heal right but it would take a little longer since dried out skin is not the best for healing. I have been told by 2 doctors that 3 months is more than enough time after tane for anything so just wait it out a little bit longer.

I was told by my doctor that the scarring on accutane is not even proven. The makers of accutane put warnings about tons of stuff that will never happen to u on it but that has been brought up so for safety reasons they put it with the rare side effects. Depression is one that is no true at all. Hell I felt great on tane the drug was a friggin antidepressant once it cleared my skin totally and made me feel good. No one gets depression from tane they get it from horrible acne and scars.

Even though there has been only one study on the use of tane and skin resurfacing I would still wait at least 3 months after to do anything. Your skin would probably heal right but it would take a little longer since dried out skin is not the best for healing. I have been told by 2 doctors that 3 months is more than enough time after tane for anything so just wait it out a little bit longer.

You answered out of point

I don't think any surgeon will even perfrom dermabrasion when a patient is on accutane unless your talking about microdermabrasion.

You answered out of point

Answered out of point...what the hell does that mean?

Dermabrasion is garbage. A total waste of money and then the recovering time is horrible. Plus you run the risk of hypopigmentation. There are way better treatments out there besides dermabrasion.

Why not try needling or tca?

Dermabrasion is garbage. A total waste of money and then the recovering time is horrible. Plus you run the risk of hypopigmentation. There are way better treatments out there besides dermabrasion.

Why not try needling or tca?

TO tell u the truth I have seen a lot of peoples pictures before and after different treatments and have also had an aunt that had a dermabrasion done and I can say that dermabrasion is the besst treatment if u want your skin to have the best results. No other procedure has even come close to what dermabrasion offers the skin. I have seen people with really bad skin because of loads of shallow acne scars that have looked normal again because of a dermabrasion. Dermabrasion is not even that dangerous if u get a spot checked first.

I dont have scars to warrant a dermabrasion and I have no interest in it other than to say that for more severe cases of scarring that are relatively shallow it is the best. Dont do it if u are an at risk skin type without having a spot done first to ensure proper healing.

Also I have seen only Reilly on here that had any results from TCA and I have seen nobody that had results from needling.