Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rob*

Im sick of this

I'm 20 yrs old and i still have acne and acne breakouts. Im sick and tired of it. I just cant fvcking stand going into public like this. Aren't I done with puburty. If i am, then why do i still get zits. It pisses me off! Ive had acne ever since i was 14 and its ruined my life thus far. I cant get a girl. I made 2 different approaches to two knockout girls at the bar tonight and they shut me down because they are not interested. I can handle rejection. I really dont care about them, but what p!sses me off the most is that i know that they dont want me because i've got acne and acne scars. Its so frustrating. The guys out there who still have acne, how do u cope with this. I am just sick and tired of not having anybody because of my acne and my scars. Is it normal for me to still have zits. I thought the pimples stop when ur done puburty. But obviously it doesnt. So how long is this gonna last, is it gonna stop when im 30. I just dont understand why God has decided to torture me like this. No girl could ever want me looking like this. And whats worse is the scarring is just as bad as the acne i currently have. I know no girl wants a guy with a bunch of scars on his face. How could they, i dont want a girl with scars on her face, so why would they. Is anyone in the same boat as me. How long can acne last ? Because when i first starting getting it i thought it would have been done by now. Is hard for me to believe now that it will actually go away. And then when it does go away, im left with scars all over my face. Its just so frustrating. My parents and relatives ask why i dont have a girlfriend, well isnt it obvious. The worst part about having acne and scars is that it gives u the worst self-esteem. U feel like shit, all day and everyday, because u guys know that untill it goes away, no chick or guy will ever be interested in u. U guys can say all u want ("its inner beauty that counts") thats BS. When it comes to love and relationships looks are a prerequisite. It just bothers me so much. It bothers me because i just cant do anything about it. and thats what people dont understand. i had a guy once when it was really bad (i had grade 2 acne) and he said to me "Do something about ur acne....its disgusting". The nerve! Its been too long living like this (6 yrs) I just cant understand why it wont just go away. The scarring that i have is buggin me more than the acne itself, but the acne is still pretty bad. I got a summer job and im saving my money to get Aquamid injections. Has anyone had these injections and what were the results (ie: 60%, 80%, 100% improvement). And does anyone know if i can get these injections done with active acne. Its just been too long and ive been too lonely for too many years. I want to look my best and im trying so hard but nothing is working. Sorry, i know this was a long post and i guess i just wanted to rant and let my emotions out. Thanks for listening guys.

damn, you just made me go to the mirror and look for scarring

your right it does suck nuts, i guess you just gotta prevent it

i feel you man,

-bob

I am on the same boat as you are. To exacerbate my depression, my mum would berate me for "wasting my time" in this forum. She will then preach and preach and preach reentlessly whenever she sees me with her glasses on. Why? Because she has a very bad eyesight. When she does not put on her glass, I hear no music. Whenever she puts it on, she would scrutinise my facial scars closely and reprehended me for the icepick, boxscar and rolling scars in my face. She will then blame me picking on my acne and refused to listen to my explanation.

Damned bloody mother! She does not know the emotional depression I am in.

I was offered by my beautician a series of 6 microdermabrasion would improve my scarring a little, 30% nevertheless. I wanted to give it a try but my mum deters me from the surgery citing that scars cannot be improved and that it would be permanent for the rest of my life.

She claimed that all scars treatments are bogus and are designed to delude the gullibles. She often remark that I have to live with those scars and should not be complaining because god gave me a life and I should be thankful to live in this "fucking world".

I wanted to make my decisions as I am 23 yr old male but I have no money and no career! Thats commonplace for the countr I am living in - Singapore. The only place in the world where male undergrads graduate at the age of 26, attributed to 2 and half year of national service.

In other words, I have to tolerate it acne and scars for another 3 fucking years!!

I'm 20 yrs old and i still have acne and acne breakouts. Im sick and tired of it. I just cant fvcking stand going into public like this. Aren't I done with puburty. If i am, then why do i still get zits. It pisses me off! Ive had acne ever since i was 14 and its ruined my life thus far. I cant get a girl. I made 2 different approaches to two knockout girls at the bar tonight and they shut me down because they are not interested. I can handle rejection. I really dont care about them, but what p!sses me off the most is that i know that they dont want me because i've got acne and acne scars. Its so frustrating. The guys out there who still have acne, how do u cope with this. I am just sick and tired of not having anybody because of my acne and my scars. Is it normal for me to still have zits. I thought the pimples stop when ur done puburty. But obviously it doesnt. So how long is this gonna last, is it gonna stop when im 30. I just dont understand why God has decided to torture me like this. No girl could ever want me looking like this. And whats worse is the scarring is just as bad as the acne i currently have. I know no girl wants a guy with a bunch of scars on his face. How could they, i dont want a girl with scars on her face, so why would they. Is anyone in the same boat as me. How long can acne last ? Because when i first starting getting it i thought it would have been done by now. Is hard for me to believe now that it will actually go away. And then when it does go away, im left with scars all over my face. Its just so frustrating. My parents and relatives ask why i dont have a girlfriend, well isnt it obvious. The worst part about having acne and scars is that it gives u the worst self-esteem. U feel like shit, all day and everyday, because u guys know that untill it goes away, no chick or guy will ever be interested in u. U guys can say all u want ("its inner beauty that counts") thats BS. When it comes to love and relationships looks are a prerequisite. It just bothers me so much. It bothers me because i just cant do anything about it. and thats what people dont understand. i had a guy once when it was really bad (i had grade 2 acne) and he said to me "Do something about ur acne....its disgusting". The nerve! Its been too long living like this (6 yrs) I just cant understand why it wont just go away. The scarring that i have is buggin me more than the acne itself, but the acne is still pretty bad. I got a summer job and im saving my money to get Aquamid injections. Has anyone had these injections and what were the results (ie: 60%, 80%, 100% improvement). And does anyone know if i can get these injections done with active acne. Its just been too long and ive been too lonely for too many years. I want to look my best and im trying so hard but nothing is working. Sorry, i know this was a long post and i guess i just wanted to rant and let my emotions out. Thanks for listening guys.

quite simply the answer to your problems is accutane. it won't handle your scars but seriously you probably will get the best skin you've ever had since you were 14. i see the improvement its done for me in 6 days, my pics don't realli make it seem like it but in real life when i look in the mirror my face is extremely clearer. go to a derm and pretty much let everything you did in your first post out and since you're a guy you'l prob get on it easily. don't worry i feel the same. i used to be popular (yes i kno kinda vain and like im lying :liar: but looking back now its true!) and the girls would kinda be all over me and in the past year when i got these massive breakouts it has all changed...

One word: accutane. It has worked for almost everyone. Once your acne's gone then worry about the scars. I'm in the 6 month waiting period (I finished my course 3 months ago). Only 3 months left until I'm able to treat the scars.

I will echo the Accutane sentiments. My acne started at 13/14...I had a few months of repreive over the years when the doctor would stumble on something that would clear me up for a bit. Finally, at 20, I was put on the 'tane and haven't had any trouble since (the occassional breakouts due to dirt/oil and/or hormones). Now it's onto the scars...

I feel the same way you do, man. I'm coming up on 20 and still break out, it's frustrating and definitely kills any confidence when you feel a new bump each day. I've been on accutane once, looking at maybe a 2nd round.

this thread just depressed the fuck out of me man...

i can't take this shit anymore either, looking at fucking other people in relationships and just sitting there with fucked up confidence and low self esteem because of this fucking curse.

im not one for self pity but fuck this thread hit a nerve

I totally agree with you. My dad had acne and I guess he passed it on to me, his pride and joy of a daughter. Okay--anyway, now every time I say something about my skin, he says, "You'll grow out of it." I'm going to be 27 my next birthday and I haven't grown out of it yet. There are some people who are not so sympathetic when you have acne. I'm praying that there's a man out there who will love me despite what's on my face, but I can't help buying into all the creams and lotions and wondering what my face will look like once these marks have faded away. I still feel that what's on my face is what's holding me back from being the confident, outgoing person that I want to be. I know that's terrible and I am trying to get past it, but it is difficult at times. Still, I'm not giving up.

i feel you man, like you just toke the words right out of my mouth, same sistuation as yourself