Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone. I just need to rant and i felt like y'all wouldn't mind. i just ahd a crappy day and nearly broke down crying in the store. I hate my skin. I can’t even put words to how mhorrible I feel when I look at myself in the mirror sometimes. Actually, I don’t feel so bad then. It’s the worst when I see couples together or go clothes shopping. Basically, seeing what I can’t have. I love flirty shirts with neat neck lines – if only I could wear them. I’ve got bright red spots on my chest, not to mention my face. Think I could convert to Islam just to wear a veil? I’m 26 and I feel like my skin is ruining everything. I don’t have much confidence at work – I keep thinking that I look like some kid who just reached puberty. i wish I could show more skin. today when I went shopping for clothes, I didn’t buy several things I really liked. I can’t show that much skin. and then I always follow the line of thought, ‘well, if I can’t show that much, then I definitely can’t get involved with anyone!’ I don’t want some man to see all of that! this sucks so much. I mentioned to my mom about looking into a dermatology clinic at an area university. She gave me grief over how they would just put me on antibiotics and that’s bad. I agree that being on antibiotics for extended periods of time aren’t great for you, but frankly I don’t care! I want a life! I want to walk into a room and feel pretty and worth looking at, just for once. I was on an antibiotic for a while, and while my skin wasn’t completely clear on it, I still looked and felt better. I really miss that.

thanks for listening! :redface:

hey,

just a question, why do you spot treat? you are bound to breakout if spot treating. if you apply BP all over, it prevents new ones from forming

-bob

Hey there, sweetheart, :comfort:

My heart goes out to you, it really does. :( I think that most, if not all, of us here can relate to what you're going through.

So, for what it's worth, here's my two penniesworth of advice:

- your mum loves you, but she's not *you*, she doesn't appreciate how much your life is being affected. My mum was dead-set against me using 2.5% BP! So if you want to see a derm, you go ahead! :)

- speaking as a bloke who's been affected by acne, acne on a woman wouldn't stop me going out with her. So many gorgeous women suffer from acne (see the celebrity thread, lol).

- how did you arrive at your current regimen? I know that coconut oil, for example, is meant to be highly comedogenic. Have you tried going back to basics, with, say, Dan's Clear Skin Regimen (which has, touch wood, cleared me up for good)?

In summary, then: hang in there, you're not alone, and there are plenty of good people here to advise you and lend some comfort until you're 100% clear. :angel:

Hey. Hopefully you are feeling better today. Unfortunately many of us, including me, recognise what you are saying all too well. I agree with the person above who said that people who don't have acne cant really understand what it does to you internally. I would definately go to a derm and get some advice. Long term antibiotic use isn't that helpful, but there are other things s/he could probably recommend. Chin up!!! :hugs:

Thank you guys so much! It really does help to talk with people who live with the same crud. Like I love my best friend and all, but she gets cranky and self-conscious when she gets a single pimple once every 3 months. It's a bit difficult to talk to her about this. Anyway, I am feling a bit better today. Maybe I just needed to sleep on it :blush: , though makingthe resolution to seek out a derm again also made me feel better, or maybe just more in control.

I was doing well on the regimen, and I'm trying to figure out what changed. One thing is that I just moved this past weekend - can we say stress? Plus the weather's heating up. I havent' been using the coconut oil in a while - I recently switched to Vitamin E oil or jojoba oil. I also just bought a new moisturizer, which could also be a culprit.

Since you asked Tinman :) , my mom was reading stuff on coconut oil and I tried it. It fluctuates in how it works. There are times when I use it and it seems like it's really healing everything very quickly. Other times it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Either way, I used it for 3 months straight (put it on as a moisturizer at least once a day), and while my acne didn't really get better over time, it didn't get worse either. :think:

Bob, unfortuantely the BP all over doens't work as well for me. It seemed to for a while and now it doesn't (*points to the 3 cysts on my face*). The spot treatment is actually something else that I stopped doing when I moved (couldn't find the darn tube).

Anyway, thanks, everyone, for listening! :thumbsup: