Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey i am thinking about stopping the regimen it does stop pimples i know but the red marks are just as bad and are left there for sooo long, also after apllying all morning my face would be quite red even its gay any help

hey,

have you tried using a AHA moisturizer, that exfoliated my skin like crazy, and the red spots went away pretty fast. don't overload though b/c thats what i did and my skin flaked like crazy.

also, how long have you been on BP? because after a while the stinging and redness goes away

-bob

Yeah if you can get your hands on a moisturizer with glycolic acid, that should help fade your redmarks. One is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, which has 8%. It's quite strong so be sure not to use too much.

i hav been using bp for about 5 months and i have tried AHA but that jus made my face go all red

You can try the CSR only at night which is what I do. I allow my face to heal in the day and have started an exfoliation scrub to help with the red marks. My marks seem to be looking better after only 2 days.

Well, I would prefer the red marks over more acne because more acne could lead to more red marks and the possibility for scarring. How is your acne? Do you have any current acne, or just red marks?

Yeah if you can get your hands on a moisturizer with glycolic acid, that should help fade your redmarks. One is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, which has 8%. It's quite strong so be sure not to use too much.

i wuz wondering about this...is this moisturizer only to be used after the acne is gone or can it be used while still battling acne to help heal red marks at the same time

yea i was on regimen for 4 years basically and quit for that same reason.... the regimen worked wonders but my face "majority of time" just looked weird n red and miscolored.... now im only using basis all clear TTO bar soap with buf-puf efoliating sponge and maybe spot treat with bp here or there.... so far no real bad breakouts i think just some purging im glad to be off the regimen as of now