Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ospray

Ever wish you could spread the word about the regimen?

Sorry if this is off-topic at all...but there are times I wish I could walk up to a stranger and inform them about this wonderful website! Or post signs, maybe hand out little business cards with the link....

Anyone else get these urges? :eh:

yep, but I don't do it for fear of embarrassing people. I know how sensitive I was of my skin when it was broken out. I would have DIED had someone approached me about it! lol.

I have a couple buddies I know the regimen would help immensely, but I could never mention it to them. The only thing worse than having acne is people confronting you about it. If someone did that to me during my 'bad times' I know I would cry.

yea its a pitty.

this girl at work is the NICEST girl in the world.

an has acne on her chin like me

its never clear

and i SOMETIMES ponder leaving a note in her desk and some of DANS BP with a note like

"im not doingthis to be a jerk, ima member of acne.org and it helped me out so much and i think it wil help you too, your beautiful and i kno pimples on your chin affect you and your confidence and im doing this to help as im sure you wouldnt find this site without tis letter.

good luck

your beautiful"

but i dont dare hehe

the board itself is one of the top sites when "acne" or anything relating to acne is typed into Google etc

so i think its more about saying it to people close in your life etc

yes i do wish..

i know its such a touchy subject though because a lot of people (including myself) are majorly sensitive about it.

i plan on casually bringing it up to people who i think it might help. just like "oh my skin is behaving so much better now that i started doing CSR" and hopefully that starts a conversation.

and definatly like cool as kim deal said, if anyone bitches about their skin in front of me i'll try to mention it to.

it is really hard to bring it up with someone....and especially the people I am close to in my life it would just be stepping the boundaries to make a comment.

When someone complements me on my skin though, I just tell them about the regimen!

The my space thing is a great idea..

it would help 1) the sufferers

2) the site

3) The person who is showing on my space that they are a member of this site..

I think that for doing such a good deed as trying to help out those who also suffer from this Acne' crap says something about you..that you care!, it may also suggest that you are not as inicent and naieve about the world and peoples problems..

i think it comes down to us being shy to admit we suffer acne partly, and then partly dont want to offend embaras people, like what happened to ourselves before..

If done in right way, i wouldnt get offended.. maybie if it was by a discreet email?

"Please enter the email address, of the person(s) you feel would benifit from a polite email, telling them about this site, ( this email will not mention any details about you, but will state that somebody you know has taken the time to recomend you for this information)"

people who have done this recomending, should get special member status, like where the veteren member thing goes..

( sorry about my spelling )

plan to recommend it to anyone who bitches about their skin in front of me.

that's a good point!

If someone brought it up, I would mention this place, but I don't think I could just approach someone myself and mention it, would be so afraid of hurting their feelings!

If done in right way, i wouldnt get offended.. maybie if it was by a discreet email?

"Please enter the email address, of the person(s) you feel would benifit from a polite email, telling them about this site, ( this email will not mention any details about you, but will state that somebody you know has taken the time to recomend you for this information)"

people who have done this recomending, should get special member status, like where the veteren member thing goes..

( sorry about my spelling )

That's kind of a neat idea, the "anonymous recommendation" thing....but I would still be completely mortified if I got an e-mail like that and I'd be so self conscious around everyone I know because obviously someone who know me sent it!

But then again, maybe some people need that push?

yeah,i've.recently.thought.about.it.w/.a.girl.friend.of.mine.

She.has.a.bump.face.w/some.breakout.but.I.wonder.if.the.CSR.would.help.

clear.her.face.better....Course.I.can't.just.bring.it.up.like.that.:)

It's really hard to tell people. I would never go right up to someone and tell them, but telling a group of people with them as part of the group is perfectly fine.

The MySpace idea is really interesting too. I welcome anyone mentioning us on there if they'd like.

I used to have an "anonymously recommend acne.org" email link, but I took it down because it felt creepy.

This site definantly helps ALOT. Eventhough my acne is not 100% gone (but the CSR IS working) these message boards help deal with the problem. We can rant and rave about acne all day long without people thinking we are crazy. When your out in public no one will admit that acne is affecting their lives, but here it's different.

I have put a link to this site on my myspace...I am going to put a link to this site as my signature on my email.

DAN: you should make acne.org bumber stickers!! LOL that would be neat, I'd buy one!

Amber :wub:

I had told Dan he should have business cards made up (advertising Acne.org) and include one in each CSR gel or Cleanser order. People can give them to others, or just leave them inconspicuously around in the school bathroom, or store bathrooms, etc.

I don't think he liked my idea though. :(;)

I had told Dan he should have business cards made up (advertising Acne.org) and include one in each CSR gel or Cleanser order. People can give them to others, or just leave them inconspicuously around in the school bathroom, or store bathrooms, etc.

I don't think he liked my idea though.

that idea wud be great

that idea wud be great

noooo.. imagine the embarasment if the school bully came up to you infront of a crowd and handed you one of those cards :wall::wall::wall::wall:

that idea wud be great

noooo.. imagine the embarasment if the school bully came up to you infront of a crowd and handed you one of those cards :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Good point! lol

Probably why Dan didn't like my idea! :lol:

Just wondering...has Acne.org ever been mentioned in a magazine anywhere? And I wonder how we could make that happen...I bet some teen mags would mention something like this to its readers?

Wow, I was going to post the exact same thing, ospray! A mention in a teen/beauty/health mag would be great advertising for Dan's gel and the regimen. I've considered finding online comment forms for a bunch of those magazines and making a thread of links to them all so that people can bombard these vanity mags with glowing testimony of Dan's gel...I just haven't had the time to!

hey, hey! Great minds think alike :D

I've browsed a few sites briefly and I haven't really found a way yet to contact the magazine directly, but every site I have been on has forums where you can bost health/beauty suggestions so maybe that is one way to get the word out a little more?

It would be awesome though if it were in print!