Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melodie

Anyone stop wearing makeup?

I stopped wearing makeup a few months ago it's not easy leaving the house everyday with zits and red marks on my face but I hope it will help to stop my breakouts! I feel so self conscious at work because I work in a hot warehouse full of guys, there's only like two other girls out of sixty people. I just try to look my best. Amazingly I think a couple of the guys have a crush on me! The always sit by me and talk to me on break and flirt with me. I still feel so ugly though. One of my female friends at work even thinks the one guy has a thing for me. A lot of us probably wouldn't even think someone would find us attractive with or without makeup but I know I've had huge crushes on a couple guys that had acne or redness on their skin. It's seems though us women would not mind a guy with acne but a guy would be grossed out by a woman with acne and pick a girl with clear skin over someone that is cute or pretty but has acne. Anyways I was wondering if anyone else has stopped wearing makeup and had an improvement in their skin and how you guys feel leaving the house without makeup? And a question to the guys: Can you be really attracted to a girl that has acne? My boyfriend tells me I'm beautiful all the time but I don't feel beautiful at all.

No I don't really care what other guys think, though I am self conscious without makeup and I feel like at work everyone is staring at me! I just feel ugly because of acne and was surprised to know other people who have clear skin aren't turned of by it.

I stopped wearing makeup everywhere but work and it didn't lessen my breakouts any. My New Year's Resolution this year was to stop drinking soda, and I have, but that didn't help either. I drink lots and lots of water and it makes no difference. So I think acne is genetic and hormonal and in my opinion if you want to wear makeup, do it. Just wash your face at night and in the morning. I wouldn't suggest ever sleeping with it on.

What kind of face washes do you use? I probably would go back to wearing makeup but I work in a warehouse and lift alot of heavy stuff and run around non stop and sweat all day so makeup would melt right off and probably clog my pores up.

The make-up won't make you break out, but it probably will help with your self esteem. Guys with acne don't have the privelage of being able to cover it with concealer or anything. Be happy that you are female and can wear make-up to help cover the acne.

It's strange too cause I don't drink soda I eat really healthy and I still breakout. I think it is stress that causes it. I know people who drink alcohol everyday and are killing their liver but they have no acne! I know people that do hard drugs destroying their health they have no acne, I'm literally healthier than almost everyone I Know and I hjave acne! The only other people I know who have acne are two of my friends that worry way too much about anything and everything like I do. Maybe people with acne just have high anxiety and that's why topicals,diet changes, and prescriptions never work!

It's strange too cause I don't drink soda I eat really healthy and I still breakout. I think it is stress that causes it. I know people who drink alcohol everyday and are killing their liver but they have no acne! I know people that do hard drugs destroying their health they have no acne, I'm literally healthier than almost everyone I Know and I hjave acne! The only other people I know who have acne are two of my friends that worry way too much about anything and everything like I do. Maybe people with acne just have high anxiety and that's why topicals,diet changes, and prescriptions never work!

The same with me, I'm the only one in my family who eats healthy and I'm the only one who has acne :mad: I also have high anxiety so maybe you're onto something...

I think everyone is different, but, I have to say, no matter what I have tried my face seems to do what it wants. No matter what face wash, lotion, diet, makeup accutane will run the course it needs to. Dont stop wearing makeup if it gives you confidence to leave the house in the morning. If you think your makeup is causing breakouts than try switching to something else, like oil free, or mineral makeup and make sure you wash it off at the end of the night. Oil free makeup itself should not make acne worse unless its irritating your skin, or if your using dirty fingers or sponges to apply it. I think anyway.

The best thing you can do is be nice to your skin, dont touch your face, get lotsa rest, sleep and excercise.

Good luck.

Are you on accutane....? I think I would give you different advice if you werent. Such as, if your acne is hormonal than nothing you do can stop ceratin breakouts so you might want to consider prescriptions like accutane.

And if youve stopped wearing makeup for a few months than I think you should be the one to tell me if its helped or not. Cause Ive never gone more than a couple days without it.

I used to be soooo paranoid about wearing makeup thinking it was going to break me out also! But honestly i dont think it matters either way and it def gives me more confidence and makes me feel happier and more outgoing. As long as its oil free and so on it should be okay. And actually some derms think it helps your skin.. especially the ones with spf in it and such.

Dana: I have high anxiety also! That causes stress... and stress causes acne :doh: And i eat wayyyyy too healthy haha... of course even if the healthy diet isnt helping your acne.. its def inproving your body and the overall appearance of your skins texture. And it just feels so much better!

I think not getting enough sleep, eating junk, being depressed and negative, stressing over every thing is far more damaging to your skin than a little makeup...

And acne is an internal disease... but unfortunately it rears its ugly head on the outside, grrrrr! :mad:

Besides fearing that makeup will break me out I also stopped wearing it because I am 25 and I have been wearing it basically everyday since I was 14 and in a way I feel fake. Not so much with eye makeup but with foundation. Anyway it seems the older I get it is hard to find a makeup that looks nice and natural. I stopped wearing makeup the end of this past April. The makeup I was using was physicians Formula Mineral Wear and actually some of my frriends complimented me when I was wearing it and said it looked good and natural. I agree the stuff looks pretty good. But my mom and my sister never wear makeup and they have good skin so in a way I've been trying to do what they do hopeing I'll have nice skin like them! I had a conversation with an older woman in Walmart, I was in the face wash section and she came over to me and nicely suggested acuzine, some pill. Anyway she happened to mention it can take your skin 6 or more months to totally heal or clear up from a product reaction? I'm not sure but that's why I'm holding off on the makeup to see what happens. And I don't want to scare anyone but I took accutane for a month and a half 6 years ago when I was 19, and I nearly lost my fucking mind. I'm sure this doesn't happen to everyone but I was on it and I told my doctor I was having strange chest pains and I got really depressed. Even weirder I stopped taking it and over a three month period after I stopped my life got weird all of a sudden I started getting really, really tired like I could sleep 8 hours wakeup and two hours later I would have to lay down and go to sleep cause my body felt so tired. Also slowly but surely my whole appetite disapeared. My parents could only get me to barely eat once a day. My head felt weird and I can't explain this but when I looked at things I couldn't focus normally. So I ended up on anti depressants because I had a chemical imbalance which was from the accutane. My sister inlaw also said she knew a guy from school had a similar experience! I apologize if I have scared anyone, like I said I don't think this happens that often, I just had a bad reaction I guess!