Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ospray

Cheap cetaphil moisturizer

I'm not sure how many know about this, but LOBLAWS has their own brand of the cetaphil moisturizer with the EXACT same ingredients for only $5.99 and that is the BIG bottle (500 some mL I think).

:D

Hey Ospray!

Thanks for sharing the useful money saving tip! :D I appreciate it!

I noticed that there are two different cetaphil moisturizers that are 'allowed' on the clear skin regimen, Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. Which one is the one that matches the Loblaws brand?

I was also wondering if you personally use this moisturizer and if you do, how do you like it? Does it moisturizer well? Is your skin dry,oily, normal? I've read the review in the "rate the product" section of this website and some people mention that it makes their face oily after a while.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm considering buying it and wanna know as much as I can. Thanks!! :)

if you have already tried cetaphil moisturizers and like them then stick with them

i find them really heavy and annoying as hell to wear all day (so before you go buy a big bottle, put a little on your face in the store, get whatever else you need to get, and then decide if you like it)

-bob

I've tried both cetaphil moisturizers and this is my personal experience:

The FACIAL moisturizer (with SPF) leaves a greasy sort of film (probably because of the sunscren) so I don't like it at all.

The regular 'Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion' is not so greasy, and feels better on the skin. I have been using it for a week or so now and it has been really good at keeping the flakes away. I think it still can feel a little heavy on the face so lately I have just been using it at night (still no flakes).

Loblaws has the moisturizing lotion (not the facial, and it has no spf) and I'd recommend it just because the price is so reasonable compared to other Regimen options.

My skin is probably combination - I get flaky cheeks and chin, but my nose and forehead can get oily.

Like Bob suggested, maybe try before you buy to see if you like how it feels?

Hope that helps a little, good luck.

too bad i only use the spectro jel, that IS a good deal! i know shoppers drug mart makes their own knock off of spectro jel (life brand) but i feel like i should stick to the name brand. i'm worried of minute differences that can make a huge impact in the long run!