Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melodie

To Everyone:Has sunlight helped clear your skin?

I'm trying to clear up my acne naturally and without chemicals. I just stopped proactiv amonth ago. I have used it off and on for about five years. I eat healthy, drink water daily, exercise daily, and only wash my face with warm water or a couple times a week I use Queen Helene's oatmeal and honey scrub and mint julep mask. The last couple weeks I've started sitting out in the sun two to four times a week for twenty minutes to an hour and my skin tone is evening out and acne is not as bad as it was before. Also as hard as it was, three months ago I completly stopped wearing foundation. To give everyone an idea my acne has ranged from very mild to completly severe. I know we can all find a cure, up until this past march my skin was clear for almost a year and I only used acne free products a couple times a week but it had stopped working that's why I started proactiv again around four months ago but that did nothing and made my acne far worse! I am wondering if anyone else has had success with sunlight and going the all natural route?

Yes sunlight has helped me a great deal in the past. Last year i broke out really bad at the begginning of summer. However when we went down to our holiday home and i spent long peroids of time in the sun, my acne began to dissapear. By the end of summer, i was completely clear. I didn't use ANY acne meds whatsoever, so it must have been the sun. I also suspect a lot of salt water helped. Can't wait till it's summer over here again!