Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RebelYell

John's Accutane Journey!

Background: Im an 18 year old Pre-Med student at the University of Miami (Fla) and i have been struggling with acne since age 14. It started off very mild, but when I turned 16 all of hell broke loose! :evil: I got on oral antibio's and different topical's but I never saw results with any of these treatments that my derm had prescribed. I am now 18, and I am finally ready to try out this miracle drug. I cant wait to finally be clear! Or atleast lets hope :confused: ... I am currently on day 5 so im kinda late... lol sorry! My derm started me on Claravis 40 mg once a day!

Day 1: Popped my first pill as soon as i got home from CVS!! So excited.. yet worried! no side effects! Bought so aquaphor for my lips!

Day 2 (4th of July): Had difficulty sleeping! I dont know if it was the nerves or what! But yeah I probably only got 2 or 3 hours of sleep! :( ... no side effects!

Day 3: Slept well! Thank God Acutane isnt disrupting my sleep patterns or anything... I got a slight pain in my right eye like around noon but it quickly receded... lasted about a few seconds or so...Also noticed that my skin was a little drier! Hopefully its working!... good day overall

Day 4: Woke up and notice that my skin is allready getting clear!... I dont know if its accutane or my new cleanser (cetaphil Sens).. but im happy and thats all that really matters! No side effects yet again! woop woop! :D

Day 5: Had a great day today! Killer Party!... no alcohol though! Accutane suxs!! lol... no j/k!... I heard you could drink and stuff but that accutane/alc. combination cant be too good for your liver! No side effects again! Ive noticed no new breakouts since I started this "miracle" drug on monday! Hey maybe it will be a miracle for me! No im j/k, i dont want to jynx myself like that! :wacko: No side effects!!! None at all!!! :dance:

If my derm prescribes me accutane then ill start around the same time are you, we're about the same age too yay. Good luck.

right on! and congrats on no side effects! ...yet (dun DUN!) just kiddin.

Well, you seem to be keeping a good eye on any changes - keep it up and keep on postin!

Good luck on your course!

-Ben

good luck man , just remember , chap sticks , water , sleep well thats all i do , and im feeling great.

lol dude... i'll definitely remember all of your suggestions!... and as for everyone else im glad that you all have posted in my log... we all share the need to get rid of this horrible condition, and i will be posting in each and every1 of your logs to lend the support that you all have already deomstrated!

Day 6: Went to bed extremely late 4 AM (allready breaking one of screw_acne's accutane principle's!). lol.. well actually it wasnt my fault at all!! I went out to dinner with my girlfirend and when i was driving her home from the restaurant this stupid drunk lady hit us from behind at a red light! Keep in mind that this was around 12:00 midnight a late yet understandable time on the weekend to get home and sleep!!!! :angel: The important thing though is that each and everyone of us were allright! My car got minor damage while her front bumper was completely caved in! LoL Mini Cooper hits Ford Expedition from behind!?! Yeah, I think we all know who got most of the damage :cool: ... It took like a half an hour for the stupid cops to arrive... and by the time we got through witnessing all of the drunk ladies sobriety tests and arrest it was 2 am!!! And well yeah... since my cars damage was extremely minimal, I drove my girlfriend home and talked to her parents about all that had happened lol :wacko: well with this and that I managed to get home and fall asleep at like 4... :wall: ... ! Had a great day overall though, I woke up at noon so I guess i still got those 8 hours in! .. also, I still have absolutely no side effects... there you go BEN!! LOL no side effects!!! and my skin is noticably getting a whole lot better!!... I know for a fact that its more of cetaphil's doing than the actual accutane! My skin is also less oily, but it still is :wall::doubt:

Day 8: My skin is allready remarkably clearer!! once again idk if its due to the cetaphil in combination with the lack of all the chemicals i was once putting on my face, or the actual accutane!!! Im very pleased! ;)

Side Effects: Finally got my first side effect! My lips arent dry yet but they certainly hurt a bit when i press them together really hard!

Best of luck, glad to hear everyone made it home OK.

The lips will be dry before you know it.

Whats your weight and how long will you be

on it?

lol I hope not Majikk! I mean 99.9% of people do get dry lips so the odds are against me! :(

I am 5'10'' 165 lbs, and my derm never really told me how long I was going to be on accutane, but i would imagine anywhere from 3-5 months.. or atleast thats how long treatment usually lasts ;)

Good Luck to you!!!!

:D

Day 9: Well I woke up this morning with a few (2 or 3) little buggers on my face ah! :wall: I guess the IB is starting :doubt: ... or atleast chances are that I am indeed getting the IB!..

Question though: We have to get our blood tested every month! When should I go? after the second or third week of each month?

Current Side Effect: My lips kind of hurt when i press them down really hard! No dryness though :naughty: !

Day 12: Well i've been busy for the last few nights so i havent really been able to update on my progress!... Things are going great! What I thought was an IB turned out to be a small little mishap, and since then, my skin is making tremendous progress!! Absolutely no breakouts at all for the last 3 days, except for a small one on my chin that dried up fast! Im so happy :dance: ! Since my last post my skin has progressively started drying out, and although this is quite uncomfortable, its much better than having active acne on your face :confused: ! Im going to wait a few days b4 i start moisturizing! Can any1 here please suggest a good one for me! Im so clueless when i comes to this :eh: !... alright have a nice night all!

Current Side Effects: Slight Dryness of skin and lips... (lips arent all that dry because ive been loading them up with chap stick since Day1! )

Mild Back Pain when I wake up in the mornings! (last 2/3 mornings or so :| ) Its not all that painful but it sure is uncomfrotable!!!

I wish you all good luck on your accutane journeys!