Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys.

Since my skin (t-zone) gets very oily nowdays (post-accutane and hot summer)

I need some and have some tips.

I use clay masks and have also started b5 daily.

I'm taking the 20 pills but only twice à day (10 each).

I have no or very little acne so that's not the problem.

I have also ordered Saw Palmetto as I heard it is good for hormonal acne. Any guys tried it for oily skin?

BTW Peter Roth Sulfur cooling masque is good for spot treatment! I really like it.

I have very oily skin as well and I haven't found a cure yet, but I do know how to help control it. I wash my face 2x a day with Brevoxyl 4 wash. Throughout the day when I begin to get shiny I use Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets to wipe my face. Keep your hair washed, and DO NOT touch your face. Hope this helps. :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hi

Why is it important to wash hair? Not that I don't do it..just curious

to get rid off excess oils and dirt. hair often touches many people foreheads or around the ears adding to surface oil and dirt.

johnny28,

I've been snooping/searching around the forums, finally stumbled on some talk about Clearogen. In April 2006 it appears you posted the following" I'm using now a product called Clearogen and will keep all updated. Anyobe else using this?"

I'm suprised there is not more talk about clearogen. I figure more folks would have tried it by now.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback you could offer on your experience. Thanks!

(P.S. There's been various tips and whatnot re ridiculously oily skin like mine on this thread if you haven't already browsed it: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=97433&hl=)

I think the beta sitosterol and guggul might be helping, but I need to give it more time before I draw that conclusion, plus I'm doing so much topically and internally that cause and effect will be most difficult. But I definitely notice improvement from a month or so ago, i.e., noticeable less oil, not sure why (yet).)

Hi!

I tried Clearogen, but discontinued as it was irritating my skin.. Made it red with lots of red spots.

Since few others tried it I will wait for a while before I'll try again

Right now I'm doing b5 with some success.

Thanks johnny28!

I was thinking some glowing reviews of Clearogen might prompt me to try it out. But I'll probably also wait a bit before I experiment w/ it.

What type/brand of b5 are you using?

And that killer that it seems to be helping. I can't say it's helped me, unless it's just finally kicking in after 6 months or so and is partly responsible for what appears to be less oil.

same problem here. i have been using b5 now for 3 weeks and it helped a ton! i also use this matte masque for oil control that i got from www.theoriginalskinstore.com and that keeps me totally oil free for up to 24hrs. its pretty good stuff.

Hi guys.

Since my skin (t-zone) gets very oily nowdays (post-accutane and hot summer)

I need some and have some tips.

I use clay masks and have also started b5 daily.

I'm taking the 20 pills but only twice à day (10 each).

I have no or very little acne so that's not the problem.

I have also ordered Saw Palmetto as I heard it is good for hormonal acne. Any guys tried it for oily skin?

BTW Peter Roth Sulfur cooling masque is good for spot treatment! I really like it.

yea i suggets u stop talking B5 in high doses bc it sint meant for that .. and u will become deficient in other vitamins. Which is a serious health risk not only thatbut ur body will store and u will have way too much in ur system could possible turn ur liver in crap. As far as oily skin goes i hear Vitamin A works great so i just (still begin shipped) Retinyl Palmitate which is one of the strongest OTC forms of Vit A .. www.vitacost.com type in Derma E and u will see the Retinyl Palmitate .. the gel i bought bc it would absorb in ur pores much easier.

Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets are awesome! I love them. They totally take away oil and do not leave anything on the skin and doesn't disturb make-up.

There are loads of oil control moisturisers which contain ingredients which absorb oil. Also there is King of Shaves Perfecter which is an oil control product to put on top of your moisturiser. Expensive buy highly recommended.

So I've discontinued b5 coz of the side effects (sweating).

I'm on Saw Palmetto only. What else is there? I only want stuff to cut it down rather than wipe off..

Would b50-complex alone help?

I have a derm app but have little hope of getting accutane as I have very mild acne. Maybe he can take a blood test to see what's wrong with me?

does anyone else have side effects with B5, I have never tried it, but alot of stuff makes me super hyper. I have to totally drug (perscription 3 differnt kinds) myself just to get sleep. So Im affraid to try it.