Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
octopusfrog

Should I get accutane?

I have mild to moderate acne I'd say. My chin is the worst area, but I get zits on my forehead nose, lips and now unfortunately my cheeks. My face is constantly covered in oil, I can't stand it. I get the occasional cyst on my chin but thats about it. Do you guys think its worth getting accutane? I've tried erythromicin, amoxicillin, differin, benzaclin and the regimen along with countless other products.

Thanks for your help

Guest ihatespots

your situatuion sounds pretty similar to mine,my chin is my problem area.if you feel you need accutane,and have tried everything else then i'd say got for it,thats what im hoping to do.but its your decision of course :D good luck

accutane works, obviously it has differnet side effects for different people.

Ask yourself, can you put up with a bit of dry skin to clear your skin? thats the only side effect i got from ro-accutane.

My condition sounds similar to yours - my acne was moderate but I was consistently getting very large cysts. I was VERY oily. Accutane worked wonders for me. I'm 7 weeks post-tane and still very glad I did it.

P&W

Good life did your acne come back or are you totally clear?

Pimplesandwrinkles-What dosage were you on? What side effects did you encounter? I was reading up and hear alot of side effects occur a couple years down the road.

yes I believe it is worth doing if other products you have used are unable to control it. It is possible it could progress to severe acne very quickly, better to treat and cure it with Accutane now.

Yeah well as soon as my cheeks began to produce oil and pimples I knew I ha d to do something, Im just sick of spending 30 minutes every night and morning and have to bother with a greasy face only 2 hours after I've washed it..

I have mild to moderate acne I'd say. My chin is the worst area, but I get zits on my forehead nose, lips and now unfortunately my cheeks. My face is constantly covered in oil, I can't stand it. I get the occasional cyst on my chin but thats about it. Do you guys think its worth getting accutane? I've tried erythromicin, amoxicillin, differin, benzaclin and the regimen along with countless other products.

Thanks for your help

i think so. accutance should be used as a last resort when other products aren't working. they also prescribed in the case of cysts. so yea there's my two cents. :angel:

my side effects are just slightly dry lips which i had before the accutane. and i saw a decreasing in my oil only after 2 hours of taking accutane and a shower. its amazing. and im on an incredibly low dose: 20 mg

Have you experienced a breakout when after starting it?

not until today. 4 little zits came up on my forehead. i never breakout there. but i don't mind considering the amazing job its done on my cheeks. its a matter of time before it all goes away and i've onli been on for 8 days