Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so yesterday two friends and i went out. one friend and i were talking about skin color and stuff and happen to mention the skin tone of the other "friend". it was definitely not done in an offensive manner, but she retorted by saying "your skin looks like sh**". honestly, i was shocked. NOBODY has ever been that rude to me about my skin or otherwise and i've had acne for six years. what kind of friend says that? it made me feel so horrible. i considered this girl to be a close friend, but now i'm wondering if i should even label her as a friend. even if i were in the worst mood ever, i would never insult a friend. :confused: sorry, i just had to vent somewhere. i don't like talking about my skin to other people =/.

so yesterday two friends and i went out. one friend and i were talking about skin color and stuff and happen to mention the skin tone of the other "friend". it was definitely not done in an offensive manner, but she retorted by saying "your skin looks like sh**". honestly, i was shocked. NOBODY has ever been that rude to me about my skin or otherwise and i've had acne for six years. what kind of friend says that? it made me feel so horrible. i considered this girl to be a close friend, but now i'm wondering if i should even label her as a friend. even if i were in the worst mood ever, i would never insult a friend. :confused: sorry, i just had to vent somewhere. i don't like talking about my skin to other people =/.

I agree with you she is no friend. You can never go to this kind of person with a real problem.

:(

I kid you not, but a comment like that would be enough to make me start crying and stay hauled up in my room for days...

BREAK HER FACE!!!

Very insensitive.

She probably had a bad day herself, but still...that's no excuse!!!!

She may be self-conscious about her skin tone....she overreacted.

My friends do the same thing. People can be bitches. If they really were a close friend and you really liked them before this, maybe you should forgive them, but if they were never really anything great, forget about her. I posted about a week ago with pretty much the same problem, and everyone said to forget about her, but I'm not gonna because we're good friends. I don't wanna force ending the friendship on anyone because it was annoying for me to have people telling me to end a friendship because of a similar problem.

Good Luck!