Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amanda12345

I just want to crawl under a rock. :(

Lately I've been feeling so depressed about my acne. It was going so well, and then out of nowhere, my face blew up. I tried almost everything, but still, the acne keeps coming. I feel so helpless at times and extremly depressed. I know I have a decent face under my acne. I cry all the time because I see others around me with so much confidence and self-esteem and yet I walk around holding my head down not wanting the attention on my face. :( Its gotten so bad that I dread waking up in the morning because I know that I will see something ugly in the mirror.

Why can't it just go away? Why can't I be happy? :cry:

I live the daylight hours in one of those spider holes they found Sadaam in. Works for me. But I know what you mean.

Lately I've been feeling so depressed about my acne. It was going so well, and then out of nowhere, my face blew up. I tried almost everything, but still, the acne keeps coming. I feel so helpless at times and extremly depressed. I know I have a decent face under my acne. I cry all the time because I see others around me with so much confidence and self-esteem and yet I walk around holding my head down not wanting the attention on my face. :( Its gotten so bad that I dread waking up in the morning because I know that I will see something ugly in the mirror.

Seriously don't look in the mirror so much as believe me or not it makes your acne worse. I know that what you are going through sucks but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep trying until you find what works for you and most importantly keep your head high. People respect others that have a clearly visable problem but not showing any signs of submission to it. I still have bad acne at the age of 29 but I work with people all day and stopped caring what they think of my skin a long (years) time ago. Confidence starts from the inside not out.

Go crawl under a nice self help book and let your beauty from within mask the scars on the outside.

Go crawl under a nice self help book and let your beauty from within mask the scars on the outside.

Oh please lets be realistic here. :rolleyes:

Oh please lets be realistic here. :rolleyes:

Hey this worked for me. Just wish I figured all this out sooner.

hi amanda...i know exactly how u feel and then i went on accutane and i am a different person......im also on diane 35...sometimes it just ddint matter what i ate or what i used for my face, because i was so sensitive ot everything and depressed, the stress would make me flar up even more. i went to my derm 1 day and i finally did it........i have never looked back since...

the reason i put it off for so long was because everyone would say its too dangerous and try other things first and yadda yadda yadda....well, ifonly id done it sooner...i went form hiding in my room, crying and becoming more and more self conscious and depressed to a happy person again..

I swear, this sounds exactly like me a year ago. In fact, this was me a year ago! :(

BUT, 1 year on I did the tane thing and I'm back to normal. There is light at the end of the tunnel. :angel:

I'm sorry. We all feel this way at least SOMETIMES. If your acne is severe, maybe you could try accutane? I haven't used it, but lots of people seem to like it...although a girl at my school commit suicide from accutane induced depression...I'm not sure if that would be good for you seeing as you are already kind of depressed. Maybe seeing a psychologist would be good.

Good Luck!!!

Hey amanda,

I'm feeling the same as you right now but at least you know your not the only person in the world feeling like this.

maybe you should go on accutane, im just about to start and hopefully it will finally let me live again!

we all those days or weeks where everything feels so completely hopeless, and i find no problem when we get depressed about something liek that. yet, when your face improves even a little from a terrible week you have to force yourself to get out and do something otherwise you will never overcome your selfconciousness until your face is entirely clear and no one can tell you when that will be.

live every day to the fullest and love life. why let the littest thing that acne keep you from living? there are so many things to discover and do, why should we all just stay hidden in our houses? who gives a rip about acne. besides, we were put on this earth for one purpose: to glorify God. not to whine about our complexions!

later.

live every day to the fullest and love life. why let the littest thing that acne keep you from living? there are so many things to discover and do, why should we all just stay hidden in our houses? who gives a rip about acne. besides, we were put on this earth for one purpose: to glorify God. not to whine about our complexions!

later.

Thats easier said than done and not really helpful, i would doubt anyone would take what you said and change the way they feel.

People are not on here to whine, they are here to talk to others that know how they are feeling and what they are going through.

What is your point in being on here if acne clearly isnt a prob for you??!! :evil:

later.

God is okay and all but that was annoying. You can't "glorify God" or whatever when you have heads erupting from your face. God wants us to be happy. So whatever. And acne is not a little thing. It is a physical and mental problem that scars you inside and out.

That's true. Why is she even on this page then? She's supposed to be making everyone feel better not being a preacher.

Currently using Brevoxyl to wash twice daily

Taking Cephalexin 250mg 3 times daily

Keeping clear of all sweets

Drinking 2.2 liters water daily

Applying 100% Tea Tree Oil to effected area

Current skin status: 90% clear!

later.

God is okay and all but that was annoying. You can't "glorify God" or whatever when you have heads erupting from your face. God wants us to be happy. So whatever. And acne is not a little thing. It is a physical and mental problem that scars you inside and out.

Read my above post. She seems rather insensitive about this stuff and tries to convince us that acne is good by saying crap about religion. Apparently she never had acne? Or she's really insensitive and doesn't think of what SHE feels with her own acne, she can't emphatyse.

Wow. You guys are really bitter. :shock: You dont think I've had acne? Lord, if only I could post some pictures of myself for you to see my horrible scars of the past. I dont know why we have acne. But I am a very strong willed person and have just decided to put it behind me and just LIVE! I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH! I have been there, done that with SEVERE acne. I have experienced waking up in the morning and just wanting to DIE. I have been heartbroken by more than one man because of "the way I look". People are brutal. But we only have one life here on this earth to live. I think one of the reasons my acne is improving is because I have stopped stressing so much about it.

ps. i forgot to mention i even tried suicide around this time last year. around that time was the worst acne break out of my life.

later.

Why do you do all that to your face if it's such a small problem?

Maybe you were put on earth to glorify God with your acne and stuff. I however doubt that's the truth.

later.

Why do you do all that to your face if it's such a small problem?

Maybe you were put on earth to glorify God with your acne and stuff. I however doubt that's the truth.

Good grief, I didn't say I don't take care of myself. :rolleyes:

Wow. You guys are really bitter. You dont think I've had acne? Lord, if only I could post some pictures of myself for you to see my horrible scars of the past. I dont know why we have acne. But I am a very strong willed person and have just decided to put it behind me and just LIVE! I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH! I have been there, done that with SEVERE acne. I have experienced waking up in the morning and just wanting to DIE. I have been heartbroken by more than one man because of "the way I look". People are brutal. But we only have one life here on this earth to live. I think one of the reasons my acne is improving is because I have stopped stressing so much about it.

Well, sorry, I relate to you and that must have been horrible, I know what you're trying to say but it's not really what anyone wants to hear. But I do see what you're saying.