Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katsumi

Ethanol in topical acne treatments

I'm highly considering a topical acne serum from MyChelleUSA.com and one of the ingredients listed is ethanol.

I heard alcohols generally aren't good for your face... is ethanol bad for the skin, much less acne-prone skin? Thanks

The key word is *generally*

One of the product a lot of people seem to be using here is the Green Cream, a non prescription retinol and it list ethanol as the 2nd or 3rd ingredient.

It is not always so black and white, if the product interests you, go ahead and try it.

I'm highly considering a topical acne serum from MyChelleUSA.com and one of the ingredients listed is ethanol.

I heard alcohols generally aren't good for your face... is ethanol bad for the skin, much less acne-prone skin? Thanks

Ethanol (ethyl acohol) is the same kind of alcohol in alcoholic beverages (and some rubbing alcohols). Isopropyl alcohol ("rubbing" alcohol) is usually the kind people are referring to when they say to stay clear of them. I don't know the impact of putting ethanol on your skin though.