Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Texan90

Is This a Cyst?

I had a pimple -> which then became a whitehead -> which then became painful to touch.

after 2 days it became hardened and there is no more white pus inside (that I can see). just a hardened shell thing.

is there ANY way to deal w/ this without it ending up as a scar... ?

i dont think a cyst has a whitehead , its just a huge radius pus filled piece of crap. its painful i think...

but i didnt get a whitehead on my cyst

Most cysts one cannot see a visible "head" but it does have pus in it. They are very painful and can takes months to heal.

this was pus filled and now i cant see any more pus, just a hardenned shell. it looks like a zit now but slightly bigger. not sure what to do. i know it's acne related. if i dont touch it and make sure to keep it from opening, then would it fade away?

Its still probably a cyst. You can't usally see any pus..it full as a tick with pus, blood and who knows what else. If its hard, deeply seated and painful its a cyst. They go down but slowwwwwly. Often months later they can re-surface.

ah ic, its not painful anymore actually. it was in the beginning, but now it's just a hardenned shell >.< oh well. i guess if i dont do anything to it, it should go away on it's own hopefully...

i dont think a cyst has a whitehead , its just a huge radius pus filled piece of crap. its painful i think...

but i didnt get a whitehead on my cyst

Ok i reread this lol. It definetly was a whitehead at first. Now it's just a hardenned shell tho...

I google'd "acne cyst" and this is what I found : http://www.reflectionscenter.com/images/acne9.jpg

that is not what I have. i had a whitehead and i could clearly see the pus, now it doesnt look like there is any pus but instead it's become a protruding hardened shell. gah

Most cysts one cannot see a visible "head" but it does have pus in it. They are very painful and can takes months to heal.

Yup, they suck because if you try to mess with them they just get worse and take longer to go away. I find anti-inflammatories help prevent them a little (like naproxen sodium or other NSAIDs).