Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well.... I have heard of Paula's Choice, but it seems overpriced and you can't get it at a store. I want to find a product that is gentle with SA. Please help...

hi,

just thought i would add my 2 cents hahaha. I know it seems expensive but i have the paulas chioice 2% BHA liquid and i love it. i would much prefer to have this product and spend frugally on cleansers etc. im not sure but i think paulas chioce will send you samples to try. After doing some research i found there are very few BHA products on the market that have the correct % of bha and the correct ph to be effective. paulas chioce is both of these. hope this helps a little :angel:

Actually, per ounce the Paula's Choice salicylic acid products are cheaper than the drugstore salicylic acid products.

If you still want to buy a pH correct salicylic acid product that can be found in stores, I was doing some research and came up with this list:

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion

Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish Daily Moisturizer

Serious Skin Care Clarifying Treatment

They aren't as well-formulated as the Paula's Choice products (not only are her products better-formulated for acne prone skin, but they also have pH levels that are closer to three and therefore more effective) and some even contain potentially pore-clogging ingredients, but they are better than the alternatives and are pH correct.

Thanks. It's just that it'd be awesome if her products were sold in stores. I don't know how I would buy her products either unless I begged my dad to let me use his credit card or for him to order for me.

hi,

just thought i would add my 2 cents hahaha. I know it seems expensive but i have the paulas chioice 2% BHA liquid and i love it. i would much prefer to have this product and spend frugally on cleansers etc. im not sure but i think paulas chioce will send you samples to try. After doing some research i found there are very few BHA products on the market that have the correct % of bha and the correct ph to be effective. paulas chioce is both of these. hope this helps a little :angel:

Exactly. I did the research too. Paula's choice is great. Some of their stuff is overpriced, but the Salicylic Acid (BHA) is great and moderately priced. I would definitely recommend.

PS - They do free shipping about once every 3 months. Register with the site and they will e-mail you when they have sales and/or free shipping.