Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I'm taking a multivitamin that already has 15 mg of zinc..I want to get a zinc supplement, but what dosage of mg should it be? I am only really finding 30 mg, is 45 too much?

The problem with multivitamins is that some minerals will reduce the bioavailability of each other, and that they are already in cheap, ineffective forms. Most are in the form of Zinc Oxide, which only a small percentage makes it to elemental zinc in your body.

As far as the dosage, I'm not sure what to tell you. If you're active physically, probably 150% RDA of a quality form of zinc.

I've been taking Biotest ZMA for a few weeks mainly for body building, but it's had the side effect of eliminating my little bacne I had left.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459250

They overhype their products, but it's the cheapest ZMA I could find.

Funny that you say ZMA has helped your Acne. *many* users of it report increased Acne as a byproduct. Which makes sense because it is supposed to insure that you have high test levels(at your bodies capacity, not unnaturally) and higher test levels have been linked to acne. So perhaps the ZMA is not affecting your test at all?

I have been taking Biotest ZMA for a month to see if it was worth it, since I had read such interesting things about it. I think the most important thing it does for you is increase the quality of sleep, which, if you are working out and eating right, will help you grow better. It's not totally snake oil, but it is a bit overhyped I think.

Anyway, It hasn't done anything for my acne really.

Funny that you say ZMA has helped your Acne. *many* users of it report increased Acne as a byproduct. Which makes sense because it is supposed to insure that you have high test levels(at your bodies capacity, not unnaturally) and higher test levels have been linked to acne. So perhaps the ZMA is not affecting your test at all?

I have been taking Biotest ZMA for a month to see if it was worth it, since I had read such interesting things about it. I think the most important thing it does for you is increase the quality of sleep, which, if you are working out and eating right, will help you grow better. It's not totally snake oil, but it is a bit overhyped I think.

Anyway, It hasn't done anything for my acne really.

I've read that zinc helps both acne and testosterone levels. I haven't noticed anything directly from the ZMA, and the acne disappearing may have been coincidental. I didn't have much left.

However I've been doing a bunch of things, and I've made a lot of gains the past 2 months. A few pounds of fat too, and I just started a cut cycle a few days ago. My rate of gains and lean to fat gain ratio seems very indicative of high t-levels. Part of it is beginners gains, I think. I was 138 lbs -> 157. 5' 9". So basically no muscle, and I started doing stuff like squats which naturally boost hormone levels.