Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, Dan!

I want to tell you that you are my absolute and total hero!! I am a 45 year old woman, and have had acne since my early teens. I used the usual treatments. ie., antibiotics for 10 years, topical antibiotics, steroid injections for the cysts, plus for a long time I tried natural treatments like tea tree oil, and sulfur soap. I used Azelex, and Differen for a while, which were helpful, but not the total answer. I used some herbs that were great , but developed an allergy to them, which sent me into a deep depression.

Unfortunately I was told by a dermatologist 25 years ago that i was allergic to BP, so I never tried it again until I read your info. on the regimen.

I just happened upon your site while looking for something else, and I can truly say that you were the angel looking over me that night. I was so depressed about my appearance, wth constant cysts, that were so painful, I would cancel haircuts, and occasionally call in sick to work. I refused to let my husband see me without makeup, and would practically get into arguments with him about whether or not I should open the bathroom door without cover up on my face. I would panic when I had overnight visitors, afraid they might see me in the morning before I could make myself look halfway presentable. I was almost suicidal, and would not even look at my face unless I had to. Because of other health problems, and allergies to many antibiotics, I felt I would go to my grave with huge zits on my face, and know that that would be all people would remember of me. I spent a good part of my day picking at my face , which I know is bad, but it became an obsession.

I started on the regimen last October. I had the usual adjustment to the BP, but after a few weeks, things started to look so much better, that I was almost in denial. After several months, the everyday pimples were gone, and I had very few cysts. I even had someone tell me that I had a beautiful complexion!! Hearing that compliment was shocking, but I knew that I had FINALLY found the answer.

I still have an occasional breakout, and occasionally get a cyst injected, maybe every 3 months. But I can truly tell you that if it were not for you, I know I would still be miserable.

Now, I get up in the morning, and don't worry about walking around without may makeup; I go to work and dont worry about rushing to bathroom ever hour to check my face and apply cover up. I can swim and put my face underwater and not have to worry about how I look when I get out of the water. It is such a relief to actualy have a normal life now!!

I think what you have done is so wonderful, not only because people like myself not only look better, they feel better about themselves. Having acne was probably one the strongest influences on my self esteem, partly because I know that people without skin problems think that you are unclean, or just don't care about appearances, when the total opposite is true.

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for changing my life in so many ways! I will continue to tell others about your site, and products. And PLEASE don't ever stop working on this!

Sincerely, Angela

Thanks Angela,

Thanks for your story. Not only do I appreciate it, but posting it online will help convince other people that the regimen is for real, so you are helping other people in a profound way. I feel the same way about the regimen. It totally changed my life too. I'm glad you found it and don't worry, I have no plans of ever stopping!

Dan

Guest Gentle~Rain

What a wonderful story!!!! We need a place to view all the success stories!!! :clap:

probably the nicest thread ive ever read :D

makes me proud to be a part of this

Same here very proud when I read things like this. :D

Thanks Angela,

Thanks for your story. Not only do I appreciate it, but posting it online will help convince other people that the regimen is for real, so you are helping other people in a profound way. I feel the same way about the regimen. It totally changed my life too. I'm glad you found it and don't worry, I have no plans of ever stopping!

Dan

That's good to hear. In 10-15 years, when I'm a dermatologist, I'm going to come back to this board and help out in any way I can, that is, if this board is still alive and kicking. You guys don't have to believe me now, but I won't forget!

That's good to hear. In 10-15 years, when I'm a dermatologist, I'm going to come back to this board and help out in any way I can, that is, if this board is still alive and kicking. You guys don't have to believe me now, but I won't forget!

yay, ill have like 1,035,356 posts then lol

I'm overjoyed to hear your success story, sweetheart! I'm 37 and have had cystic acne since the age of 12. I'm glad I found this website/forum. I have finally had some success in the last year or so, and the regimen should continue that success.

I wanted to add my own testimonial to Sweetheart's message. I am a 52 year old woman who has dealt with chronic acne since puberty. The only time I didn't have it was about two years in my early 20s when I was on the pill. That was a long time ago. I tried benzoyl peroxide when I was in my mid 20s but gave it up because it was so harsh and didn't work. I've gone through many different acne treatment products in my life. About ten years ago I was on accutane for an extended treatment. Then I was on mynocin, sulfacet-R and Retin-A. This whole treatment plan was supposed to cure my acne permanently. It didn't. Further, you cannot be on these high powered drugs indefinitely, and I think the 18 months I was on accutane has contributed to my arthritis. I was also on the mynocin for too long, I think at least a year. After all this, I became allergic to just about every antibiotic on the market. These are very dangerous drugs.

I am now old enough to understand the vessel each of us is given to carry around our spirits needs to be treated with care and gentleness.

I have been using the cleanser and benzoyl peroxide products that Dan had formulated for a month or more. In that time my skin has healed, and healed, and healed. I am now at a point I can be seen without makeup. This is a huge change for me. I'm 52 and don't have painful acne anymore. My skin is clear and glowing.

Now comes the important part and I hope Dan reads this because it is for him. Each of us has special talents. Some are born to create and build, others to teach and research, others to lead or serve, others to mend or nurture, and so on. Dan you took your affliction, which each of us shares, and made it your passion. You developed the method of examining each acne treatment plan and found what really worked. You pushed onward to share your knowledge freely by creating this website. You took it further and found a laboratory to manufacture the extremely high quality products and priced them fairly for all of us acne prone sensitive skin folks. Your regimen is simple, inexpensive, gentle, and it works. Dan, of all the spirits enjoying this physical existence on earth right now, you are one of the special ones.

In gratitute. Namaste.

Thanks ThreeD.

I have noticed that the Regimen works incredibly well for adult women. Not that it doesn't work well for most people, but it's like a slam dunk for adult women. My theory is because adult women in particular are good at following things closely. At any rate, thanks for taking time to post!