Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben0

BP application time

i was just going over dan's videos on applying his cleanser and he says as we all no, no longer than 10 secs of cleansing to avoid irritation. okok. yet then he stresses that u need to take time, eg. in excess of 5 mins apply BP. Now it seems to me, that since his cleanser isnt granulated and isnt irritating etc; that if we apply BP for 5 mins, we may as well cleanse for 5 mins. the cleanser doesnt hurt being on longer... might even show positive signs. so my question is, why is thier such a time of application stressed?

bp application is longer because your getting bp into pores.

whereas cleaning isnt cleaning in the pores itself, simply the surface of the skin to remove dirt/dead skin etc.

cleansing for 5mins wil do NOTHING extra.

once you have applied cleanser to your face youve done what is needed, then rinsing off is removing the dirt after the cleanser has loosened the dirt and collected it etc.

bp application takes longer as your applying it to your face and getting it to soak into your skin so its there all day.

however as we all know dirt becomes trapped under the hair follicle... surley a simple splash of water and a bit of foamy liquid isnt going to shift trapped dirt and impurities? if its on your face for 5 mins its gotta be better!! Surley!! its got time to soak and pentrate the pore, not simply get rid of the surface dirt. all im saying is that is seem's silly not lo leave it on longer; wat can the negative effects be do you think?

however as we all know dirt becomes trapped under the hair follicle... surley a simple splash of water and a bit of foamy liquid isnt going to shift trapped dirt and impurities? if its on your face for 5 mins its gotta be better!! Surley!! its got time to soak and pentrate the pore, not simply get rid of the surface dirt. all im saying is that is seem's silly not lo leave it on longer; wat can the negative effects be do you think?

I think Dami4n got it right - if you clease longer = more irritation = maybe more acne.

I think the cleasestep is only about removing the dirt from the face and not about cleaning the pore.

bp application is longer because your getting bp into pores.

whereas cleaning isnt cleaning in the pores itself, simply the surface of the skin to remove dirt/dead skin etc.

cleansing for 5mins wil do NOTHING extra.

once you have applied cleanser to your face youve done what is needed, then rinsing off is removing the dirt after the cleanser has loosened the dirt and collected it etc.

bp application takes longer as your applying it to your face and getting it to soak into your skin so its there all day.

Dami4n Is correct here. The only thing cleansing for a longer time is gonna do is irritate the skin. It says in the regimen instructions that when you cleanse, remember that you are just preparing your skin for the BP. No need to overdo it here. And plus, Dan wouldn't tell us to cleanse for only 10 seconds if he didn't think it was the most beneficial way to do it.

ben you do know acne isnt at all caused by dirty skin dont you?

its blockages of pores that are producing excess sebum.

this sebum is blocked in the pore then and sebum is continued to be produced but cannot escape.

then p.acne bacteria that lives on the skin starts to accumilate there which is the start of a very minor infection so white blood cells then rush there causing the skin to become red etc.

this has nothing down to "dirty skin" etc and more to do with p.acnes and pores being blocked.

Benzoyl Peroxide when applied is in the pore itself fighting p.acne bacteria and keeping pores free from possible infections etc.

cleansing longer isnt gonna help. and only increased your chanced of irritated skin, and irritated skin produces more sebum to help "calm it down" which in turn increases your chance of more acne.

I've been doing the regimen for over a year now of and on, and I just recently realized that the cleansing step should be so short -- I had no idea -- so I'm completely w/ you... Seems so strange to me. I definitely cleanse longer at least on areas like my nose where a simple splash of water is certainly not gonna unclog those pores.

I do see what Dan and y'all are saying though about the irritation... But I also definitely see where Dami4n is coming from.