Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ready 2 Quit

Is there a difference between being cute and/or attractive?

Are they two different things? or would it be classed as the same thing? i mean if your cute are you not attractive?

Any ideas?

P.S. The reason for me wanting to know is a long story.

Ready 2 Quit

Aw, don't give up - keep going man, I know it sounds impossible, but we'll all get over some day *supporrrttt*

Hm, cute and attractive. I've always thought of cute as in... puppy cute, as in they look 'pleasantly good looking' whereas attractive as in 'hot good looking'. But I don't know, they're kind of similar. I use the two terms alternatively to mean the same thing :P

Are they two different things? or would it be classed as the same thing? i mean if your cute are you not attractive?

Any ideas?

P.S. The reason for me wanting to know is a long story.

Cute is the same thing as attractive just means you have something extra CUTE about you.

Any ideas?

They're both synonymous of beautiful/handsome but to me the difference is that cute is beautiful in a delicate/discreet/introvert manner while attractive is cute in a ostentatious manner

I think that cuteness is by nature while attractiveness is created

Someone could be discreetely cute and then put on hot sunglasses, use hard gel to style his hair, wear tight jeans, put on attitude and he would switch from cute to attractive

IMO

depends of ur age really , if ur like 13-15 and someone 20 tells u that then i guess she thinks ur cute cute u know like a lil brother...

^ this is true

cute is a slightly tapered down hot. If your hot youve got the girl, if your cute you may have to work a little more.

i hate hate hate hate hate being called cute because i am ALWAYS called cute.

i have big eyes and i guess my chubby cheeks never went away from when i was little. even tho i'm thin (5'3.5 and about 110 lbs) and have some shape my little kid face seems to have stuck.

I've been compared to a rabbit, anime character and a cocker spaniel.

definetely NOT what i was looking for :doubt:

being short probably doesn't help. :rolleyes:

At one time (maybe 25 years ago) cute was a big compliment meaning 'hot' or really good looking.

These days cute is usually used for people who are datable and not ugly, but wouldn't be noticed for being particularly beautiful. Most young well groomed and dressed people are 'cute'.

Guest No Pride

attractive means you have genetics the other sex wants to mate with. cute means you'd be a good friend.

While I don't think I'm attractive at all...(there are pics in my gallery), I've been referd to as "cute" many times. I am only 4'11" tall and I weigh about 105lbs. I have blond hair and a round child-like face. I am 24 years old (almost 25) and people constantly tell me I look like I'm about 14 or 15....the acne doesn't help.

My fiance is also a cute guy rather then a hot guy. He has a round face, a small mouth and big blue eyes...and also had blond hair....and he will forever have a baby face and appear to be about 10 years younger then he really is (he's 32 and still get's carded to buy alcohol).......when people see pictures no one says he's hot....they say ....he's soooo cute....

I guess "cute" refers to possessing child-like features into adulthood like a round face, full cheeks, big eyes and a small mouth.......light hair can also be reminescent of child-like features.........

I know I'm not "attractive" and it's debatable as to if I'm even "cute", but even my fiance has told me before...He think's I'm beautiful (because he has to) but I'm not a "hot girl" I'm a "cute girl"......he said I will always look like a little girl........to which I responded "you will always look like a little boy"........he knows he's a "cute" man and not "hot" man........and he uses it to his advantage....the fact that he looks so young enables him to be treated like a kid by his family like nieces and nephews.......(which is great for a man since men are like great big kids)........ his nieces and nephews think he's 18............

I remember watching a Jesse McCartney interview and he read what a fan had written to him:

"you're toooo cute to be hot"

And it still meant that she desired him :cool:

I said that cuteness is beautiful in a discreet/shy/delicate way and if you think about it even your features makes you either delicatelly beautiful or beautiful but not *delicate*

For example Jesse McCartney, Matt Damond, Devon Sawa, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Leonardo di Caprio are all actors called cute rather than hot by girls

But think of someone like Kevin Costner, Viggo Mortensen, Antonio Banderas ... no girl would call them "cute" but also nothing about them is "delicate" ...

So I think that cute still means "I want your body you're the most wonderful thing I've ever seen" they're just two different kinds of beauty/sexiness

Don't you agree?

They're both the same thing to me (as in, compliment "weight"). I guess 'cute' is generally a bit more casual compared to 'attractive' since you can't really call a girl "cute" when she's in a formal dress but "attractive" would do. I can easily call a friend "cute" or "attractive" without feeling awkward.

it seems like 'cute' is used when someone looks innocent...I was getting ready to say that attractive= someone you'd have sex with, and cute=someone who's just ok to look at

But that isn't always the case..the guy i'm seeing now is 'cute' but i'm very attracted to him..but he has the light hair and green eyes..so he looks rather innocent..He also has a baby face, but i tend to be attracted to that type versus the 'tall, dark, and handsome type"...

it's like ryan philippe (sorry, i'm not sure how to spell it) who has more of a baby face

vs. brad pitt...who has a very masculine face

they're both beautiful men, but they just have a different look about them

Cuteness is a delicate and attractive kind of beauty commonly associated with youth, innocence, and helplessness.

Cuteness is usually characterized by (but not limited to) some combination of infant-like physical traits, especially small body size with a disproportionately big head, large eyes, a small nose, dimples, and chubby limbs. Infantile personality traits, such as playfulness, fragility, helplessness, affectionate behavior and a need to be nurtured are also generally considered cute.

Additionally, cutenessâ€â€or at least physical characteristics associated with infancyâ€â€seems to be recognized instinctively by many mammals as well as humans.

The adjective cute is often used in slang to refer to human physical beauty or sexual desirability of any kind, not only beauty. However, many people (especially heterosexual males) feel physically attracted to people who display cuteness, and often find cuteness more important for sexual attraction than any other physical feature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuteness

Cute is used for babies and kittens.

People say cute when your not up to the beautiful level. Its a step or two below.

People say cute when your not up to the beautiful level. Its a step or two below.

wow. you're an ass

Cuteness is a delicate and attractive kind of beauty commonly associated with youth, innocence, and helplessness.

Cuteness is usually characterized by (but not limited to) some combination of infant-like physical traits, especially small body size with a disproportionately big head, large eyes, a small nose, dimples, and chubby limbs. Infantile personality traits, such as playfulness, fragility, helplessness, affectionate behavior and a need to be nurtured are also generally considered cute.

Additionally, cuteness—or at least physical characteristics associated with infancy—seems to be recognized instinctively by many mammals as well as humans.

The adjective cute is often used in slang to refer to human physical beauty or sexual desirability of any kind, not only beauty. However, many people (especially heterosexual males) feel physically attracted to people who display cuteness, and often find cuteness more important for sexual attraction than any other physical feature.

Given what both myself and Labgirl posted i think this is pretty much the case. I like the definition tho, its kindof neat. I prefer to think i'm more "pixie-ish" than "cute" but its still okay in the contenxt describe above.

Additionally, cuteness—or at least physical characteristics associated with infancy—seems to be recognized instinctively by many mammals as well as humans.

I think that sums it up.

wow. you're an ass

Given what both myself and Labgirl posted i think this is pretty much the case. I like the definition tho, its kindof neat. I prefer to think i'm more "pixie-ish" than "cute" but its still okay in the contenxt describe above.

How am I an ass? You offended cuz your called cute all the time? I was answering the author of this threads question...what was our definition of cute vs. being attractive. Its my opinion and you can get pissed if you want to.

Im wicked ugly and it sucks

I am in your club don't feel bad...Face full of zits and oil plus being down right ugly. I got some jacked up DNA ..thanks mom and dad.

Guest No Pride

Im wicked ugly and it sucks

I am in your club don't feel bad...Face full of zits and oil plus being down right ugly. I got some jacked up DNA ..thanks mom and dad.

Yeah same here and im not passing it on. No kids for me, fuck that. Men dont like me, women dont want me or like me. Only have a couple friends. Cast out since middle school plus no father so I've got insane anxiety. My personalities fucked more then my physical appearance.

But hey, other animals dont care if you are cute ugly or attractive. Mary Jane gets you high no matter who you are. Those are my true friends for life since compassion is something lost and buried in a hole with this culture.

Whats the difference you ask?

Cute guys have to get married (have a good job/stability) to get laid and pass on their genes.

Attractive guys sleep around and run away when their GF's get pregnant.

There is an evolutionary advantage to this.

what if the male is 20 (me) and the female is 18 (some chick) and says

"hey cutie you should hit me up some time", and gives me phone number?

Anyone can be attractive. Attractive is a vague term.

A not-so-pretty girl can be attractive with the right make-up, hairstyle and clothes.

To me, cute symbolizes youthfulness or youthful qualities.

Not everybody is cute.

Anyone can be attractive. Attractive is a vague term.

A not-so-pretty girl can be attractive with the right make-up, hairstyle and clothes.

To me, cute symbolizes youthfulness or youthful qualities.

Not everybody is cute.

This is prolly true. My mom says that short, cute girls in high school lose their appeal quick. Imagine a 27+ year old who has the features and size of a 13 year old, but the skin, muscles and raspy voice of a much older woman- it's strange. But girls who have classic features and a mature structure get better with age.