Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aaronjim

Finally broke down and went to dermatologist..

Well, as the title says so, after trying the clear skin regimen for one week loosely (Not having moisturizer or proper benzoyl peroxide) then one month strictly(Cetaphil products and Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide) and seeing no improvement, at all, I decided to see a dermatologist. He perscribed me Solodyn (oral antibiotic), Benzaclyne (Benzoyl Peroxide and some other antibiotic in it, it's topical) and Retin-A. So, I have a few questions, should I still put the Benzaclyne on the same way as I did with Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide? Has anyone had any problems with feeling sick on Solodyn?(I had been to a dermatologist a few years ago, and he perscribed me some kind of anti-biotic that would make me throw up) How much Retin-A am I supposed to put on? (When I first applied it I realized that I couldn't put as much as the Benzoyl Peroxide and quickly washed it off...) And finally, I'm considering smoking Marijuana for the first time, and as my parent did not leave the Dermatologist at all, while I was there, I didn't get a chance to ask if this could mess something up or cause me to be sick for some reason. Please don't lecture me about Marijuana, or tell me to try it, I just want a straight answer.

Thanks for your help.

Well, as the title says so, after trying the clear skin regimen for one week loosely (Not having moisturizer or proper benzoyl peroxide) then one month strictly(Cetaphil products and Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide) and seeing no improvement, at all, I decided to see a dermatologist. He perscribed me Solodyn (oral antibiotic), Benzaclyne (Benzoyl Peroxide and some other antibiotic in it, it's topical) and Retin-A. So, I have a few questions, should I still put the Benzaclyne on the same way as I did with Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide? Has anyone had any problems with feeling sick on Solodyn?(I had been to a dermatologist a few years ago, and he perscribed me some kind of anti-biotic that would make me throw up) How much Retin-A am I supposed to put on? (When I first applied it I realized that I couldn't put as much as the Benzoyl Peroxide and quickly washed it off...) And finally, I'm considering smoking Marijuana for the first time, and as my parent did not leave the Dermatologist at all, while I was there, I didn't get a chance to ask if this could mess something up or cause me to be sick for some reason. Please don't lecture me about Marijuana, or tell me to try it, I just want a straight answer.

Thanks for your help.

drugs are bad man

drugs are bad man

Thanks for trolling!

You could have at least answered ONE of my questions, I mean, you took the time to read through all that.

drugs are bad man

Thanks for trolling!

You could have at least answered ONE of my questions, I mean, you took the time to read through all that.

Alright, I'll answer one, the only thing I know about is retin-a. You're supposed to apply 4 pretty gud sized dots to your forehead, chin, and both cheeks, then spread it around evenly in the respectable area.

I hope u have better luck with that stuff than i did. It didnt help at all.

Alright, I'll answer one, the only thing I know about is retin-a. You're supposed to apply 4 pretty gud sized dots to your forehead, chin, and both cheeks, then spread it around evenly in the respectable area.

I hope u have better luck with that stuff than i did. It didnt help at all.

Thanks for your answer, I've been on Retin-A before, but I was in 7th grade and didn't stick with it, and the anti-biotics made me throw up. I wish I would've stuck with it, it might've helped. I have so many scars now.

I'm 15, by the way.

That is a very good combination of meds, and works for the majority of people.

I used retin a and bezaclin for a couple of years. I usually used about a "pea" sized amount of the retin a and worked my way up to using more. It will take a little getting used to, so try not to get frusterated with it. It does work for acne as well as scars. It smoothed out my scars, controlled my acne, but did nothing for my excessive oil.

When you use retin a you can use vasaline or auqaphor on the areas of your face that you don't want it to dry up (for example the sides of your mouth or around your nose). I had a problem with the sides of my mouth and under my nose. You might not, but if you do just put the vasaline or aquaphor on before you put the retin a on and it will protect it.

The benzaclin is good for using in the day time, spot treating at night or alternating nightime application every other night (the nights you don't use retin A).

FYI-I am on accutane now because of my extremely oily skin and some stubborn jawline/chin acne that I never had before.

I've used bot Benzacline & Retin-a. I used Retin-a all over my face in the morning, and the benzacline all over at night. but usually every other night, because I have sensitive skin. This antibiotic you're on... I don't really know about that one, but I've been on others and you shouldn't get sick if you take it with food.

Oh and as far as how much retin-a to put on, I put a small amount about the size of a large pea on my finger and just dotted onto my froehead cheeks and chin and rubbed it all over. Ir doesn't take a lot.

MJ makes me break out BAD. All recreational drugs (including alcohol) do.

Do not mix BP and Retin-A. They must be used separately or they will cance each other out.