Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnesoldier

What's Your Beverage Of Choice?

Just wondering if I could get some suggestions on beverages. Basically, I've found that anything with sugar, dairy, caffeine, or alcohol makes my skin turn to crap. I'm trying hard to get hooked on water, but it's proving tough at meals--just way too bland. Diet sodas without caffeine don't seem to bother me but I'd like to get off that sh$t if possible. Tea is 'ok' but I'd much prefer something cold. What's does your acne beverage menu allow for?

Thanks for any ideas you can throw my way

:cool:

Love all my different teas, herbal and otherwise, sweetened with stevia. If you want something cold, try icing your tea.

There's also the milk alternatives like Rice Milk, Almond Milk (mmmmmmmmm tasty, but almonds break me out :(), etc.

There's fresh raw homemade juices. If you get a juicer you can make whatever funky concoction you want... bananna apple pear juice? Coconut pineapple papaya? Kiwi strawberry orange... endless possibilities really.

Then there's the tried and true lemon water. Tastes good, helps digestion, normalizes blood sugar and cleans the liver. I squeeze half a lemon into my water first thing every morning now.

Iced Tea. I used to brew green tea, let it cool naturally, then refridgerate.

Now I only drink water, but barely any. I eat so many fruits and vegetables during the day I get almost all of my water from them. I do drink a little water. Try making your own juice. Everything besides fruit, vegetables, sushi, and some other things that have not been cooked or processed make me break out, but fresh squeezed orange juice, followed by some healthy fat, Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, avocado, or brazilian nuts, does not make me break out at all. The fat helps to stabablize you blood sugar level.

You mentioned drinking water with meals. A little while ago someone brought up the importance of not drinking any liquids especially water, with or around the time of a meal. The water can decrease the amounts of nutrients absorbed into the body. I always thought that it can also push the food further into the digestion process. Maybe this is why the nutrients won't be absorbed. I find it very hard to drink water sometimes. Just make sure your urine is almost clear with a hint of yellow and you are getting enough water.

KnowShow keep in mind a little water with meals is fine. It's not that water blocks nutrient absorbsion, it's that it can dilute digestive enzymes meaning you don't digest as well so it's a little different. Anyways, COLD beverages at meals aren't good, but warm beverages like a mug of ginger tea is fine. Half a glass of water /tea is fine at meals :) More then a full glass is going to be bad just like you said though, and even a full glass is pushing it. But this is mainly advice that people with bad digestion should listen to.

Iced Tea. I used to brew green tea, let it cool naturally, then refridgerate.

Now I only drink water, but barely any. I eat so many fruits and vegetables during the day I get almost all of my water from them. I do drink a little water. Try making your own juice. Everything besides fruit, vegetables, sushi, and some other things that have not been cooked or processed make me break out, but fresh squeezed orange juice, followed by some healthy fat, Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, avocado, or brazilian nuts, does not make me break out at all. The fat helps to stabablize you blood sugar level.

You mentioned drinking water with meals. A little while ago someone brought up the importance of not drinking any liquids especially water, with or around the time of a meal. The water can decrease the amounts of nutrients absorbed into the body. I always thought that it can also push the food further into the digestion process. Maybe this is why the nutrients won't be absorbed. I find it very hard to drink water sometimes. Just make sure your urine is almost clear with a hint of yellow and you are getting enough water.

water, fresh fruit smoothies, hot brewed tea(non sweetened)