Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkgirly

Accutane Users! What kind of diet did you have?

I will be starting Accutane tomorrow! I have a question though. I know it's recommended to take the pill with a fatty meal, but I don't want to eat too much fatty foods so that I can keep my cholesterol levels as low as possible. I know that the levels will raise some anyway, that's just an effect of the drug. My question is, what kind of foods are good to eat so that the drug is absorbed properly, but won't send my cholesterol to crazy levels?

I know it's recommended to take the pill with a fatty meal, but I don't want to eat too much fatty foods so that I can keep my cholesterol levels as low as possible.

There are fats that are good for you. You need fat in your diet. Good fats won't raise your cholesterol and will work just as well to increase your absorption. Some examples of good fats are avocado, nuts, flax oil, olive oil, and fatty fish like salmon.

And in the future - if you want to talk to Accutane users, try the prescription meds subforum instead. Most of the people that frequent the diet/holistic subforum are very anti-Accutane.