Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I just got back from my college orientation today, which was an overnight. It was a lot of fun.

School lighting is EVIL, I say! Thank goodness I took out my contacts before washing my face in the bathroom, because from what I could see with blurry vision, my face looked so red and splotchy and gross! In the dorm room, though, it was a little better, and after putting on make-up it was tolerable.

And when I got home I looked in my bedroom mirror (with and without the lights on) and my face looked nearly flawless (with the make-up). If I go outside with make-up on and look in a mirror in natural light, my red spots look noticable. If I don't wear make-up, they look LESS noticable (weird, huh?) but yet inside, look terrible.

I seriously hope that the marks will fade much more by late August so that I can tolerate my reflection =(

Guest Spike Rules89

i hate those type of lights.

Depending on your skin's condition and sensitivity, perhaps several AHA/BHA peels can help clear up the blotchiness in time for school.

Caveat: Because AHA's/BHA's are chemicals, there is no way to predict or control the results so I would recommend going to a reputable professional. Also start with a low concentration peel and slowly progress higher. Going straight to a high concentration peel may give you more dramatic results, but it will result in more downtime and possibly more unpredictable results.

Good luck and enjoy college....it's the time of your life.

Oh gosh I HATE those lights... when I go to the optometrists and try on my glasses/contacts, I look like a total mess because of the fluorescent lighting... eeeew! Redness, scars, whiteheads everywhere... (And the fact that I have clear vision in there is worse... I'm happy looking at my blurry world!)

I know sweety! Flourescent lights suck.

The most aweful and poignant stuff about school mirrors is when the fluorescent light is directly above where you are standing or when the light is in between where you are standing and the mirror.

There I will notice the most horrifying sight of my rotten face.

It looks rottened!

yes those are terrible, in my bathroom i can still see some red but it actually looks more like a tan, and actually looks great, then if i catch my reflection in ine if those mirrors i'm like "hey, that's not what i looked like this morning!!!" oh well. if i avoid those mirrors i manage to be a very social person, and people don't think that something like that destroys me. but it's only about half an hour before i forget about it again.

when the fluorescent light is directly above where you are standing or when the light is in between where you are standing and the mirror.

I hate when the light is like that.

lighting SUCKS. there was this one coffee shop i would go to and holy freaking crap. it showed every freaking flaw.

i find some car mirrors (the passenger side ones on the visor) are pretty shitty too. I see just natural lines etc. as being bumps but when i feel them i realize it was just an optical illusion.

i find when i wear concealer i can SEE the makeup in natural light so i usually never wear it except very lightly when i have redness on my nose (i occasionally get teeny pimples all over it for some reason)

gahhhhh. lighting is so shitty for self esteem. change rooms are the fucking WORST!

i like some fluoresant lighting tho, it will only show major flaws, the little ones seem to vanish which is nice. i think it depends on whether the light has a red tone to it. I know at home it does so i keep thinking i see flaws that aren't there. and its not cool when light fucks with your brain!

try this:

i turn on the hall light and keep the bathroom light OFF. i even try to do this at work.

otherwsise i dont look in the mirror unless i have to. and even then from as many feet away as possible. i approach the mirror a step at a time and stop well before i reach my "point of hideousness"

this makes me feel so much better AND stops me from picking (the source of my scars).

Oh gosh I HATE those lights... when I go to the optometrists and try on my glasses/contacts, I look like a total mess because of the fluorescent lighting... eeeew! Redness, scars, whiteheads everywhere... (And the fact that I have clear vision in there is worse... I'm happy looking at my blurry world!)

:lol: same here, I think my self esteem would be so much lower if I had perfect vision