Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone ever seen this advertised before? What are your thoughts on it? It was supposedly mentioned on a few news groups, but I have never heard of it before. It seems good, but I'm not ordering it unless I know if it's really good or not, cuz it's like $79! :confused:

http://www.worldwidemetalabs.com/products/acne_curell.htm

:think:

I really need to get rid of this oily skin though, does anyone know if LLT (low leve laser therapy) works on sebaceous glands to some extent? Because I just ordered an at-home LLT laser skin light for acne treatment. :)

Has anyone ever seen this advertised before? What are your thoughts on it? It was supposedly mentioned on a few news groups, but I have never heard of it before. It seems good, but I'm not ordering it unless I know if it's really good or not, cuz it's like $79! :confused:

http://www.worldwidemetalabs.com/products/acne_curell.htm

:think:

I really need to get rid of this oily skin though, does anyone know if LLT (low leve laser therapy) works on sebaceous glands to some extent? Because I just ordered an at-home LLT laser skin light for acne treatment. :)

This looks like proactiv in a different bottle and more expensive.

Haha, thanks yeah I figured that. :) I saw that they have an ingredient list on the site, but I have no idea what any of those names are supposed to be. Do u notice anything familiar in that list? :think:

Haha, thanks yeah I figured that. :) I saw that they have an ingredient list on the site, but I have no idea what any of those names are supposed to be. Do u notice anything familiar in that list? :think:

Well, let's see what google has to say!

1. Swertia Chirata--Indian herb, claims to have anti-inflammatory properties, but seems to be used for hepatitis, as a laxative, and as an astringent. Seems to be taken primaily by mouth... an edible plant.

2. Fumaria Officinalis--British herb, also used as a laxative and for the liver, and as a diuretic. Apparently it should be ingested if you want to help skin problems.

3. Tephrosa Purpurea (There seems to be a spelling issue here... never a good sign. Google says it should be spelled "Tephrosia")--Used for liver problems, leprosy, inflammation, pimples, syphilis and gonorrhoea.

4. Sphaeranthus Indicus--Indian and African herb. Also for the liver, etc. Used against insanity, tuburculosis, asthma, and a host of other stuff.

5. Artemisia Vulgaris (aka Wormwood)--general tonic

6. Zizyphus Vulgaris (aka jujube)--European. Basically a fancy rasin

7. Terminalia Chebula--Indian herb. Used to heal wounds, tan leather, as a laxative, an astringent, and in petroleum purification.

8. Cassia Absus--Indian seed. Used as an astringent for skin and eye diseases.

9. Lycopodium--Ground pine. Used as a cover for pills ???

10. Melia Azedarach (aka Chinaberry)--Tree. Poisonous if eaten.

11. Berberis Aristata (aka Barberry)--Deciduous Shrub. Laxative, fever reducer, against rheumatism, blood purifyer, against jaundice and skin diseases

So, apparently, this is not Proactiv. It appears to be an "all-natural" therapy, though of course all of these are the traditional uses from traditional preparations, so who knows what the acne curell stuff actually does.

I still think it's a scam. Looks like they put a bunch of stuff in a bottle and called it an acne cure. You'll notice you can't find the ingredients that go in each bottle, so this may or may not be a complete list. The site seems to be pretty interested in selling a product with testimonials and not that interested in conveying useful information. In the legal statement it says the site is for "informational and ENTERTAINMENT" purposes only.

Anything that's advertised like this stuff never works. We get suckered into buying this crap and then it gets our self esteem down after it doesn't work. Save your money for something better like better food, which will make you have more energy.