Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 20 years old and have been suffering with acne since i was 14. When i was 16 i started minocycline (along with tazorac, clindamycin, and all the other crap) and the acne went away, but after off of it for 3-6months it had returned so i started the treatment once again. And the same story it went away but once i got off of it 3-6months later it had returned, but nothing serious at all. This cycle has been going on for 4 years now. This april, however, the acne returned (which seemed normal) but when i got back on the medication (doxycycline this time) the acne just wouldn't go away and has gotten really bad. So now July (4months later) i'm going on accutane. My treatment begins on the 19th. I'm hoping everything will clear up. :eh:

It's pretty depressing because i use to be an event planner/model with a glamour life style as well as a good social life and an attractive boyfriend. I broke up with my boyfriend (different reasons) in may and now he has a new girlfriend and i'm here sobbing at home in my own misery. So i just feel ugly and have pushed away all my friends and my whole social scene. I basically stay home all day long unless i have to go to the corner store and pick something up. I keep telling all my friends that i'm busy or on vacation or a random b.s excuse so i don't have to see them. I know looks arent suppose to matter.. but i can't stand the look of my face that i don't want to be seen in public. I don't want people to see me at this low stage of my life. I don't want my friends to know this depressed person that i have become. I hope the accutane works, but i'll probably have scarring left over.

I'm just looking for some support because i'm at a really low point in my life. I hear accutane can be depressing, but i feel so hopeless that i'm willing to take the risks.

Any advice on accutane or just some stories of your own struggles would be comforting...

thanx for listening guys!

Basia

Dude, I know how you feel, trust me. Your story sounds almost identical to what I've been going through, and am still going through.

The thing that sucks the most is cause we're this age, it really makes meeting someone difficult. When all my friends have girlfriends/boyfriends, I'm at home watching movies in my bedroom, on a Friday night. I don't know what lies ahead, but if you're going on Accutane, you can at least have that to look forward to. You may need to go on several courses, but it DOES work. Unfortunately for me, after my first course it came back in about a year, but I'm starting my second course in August.

I know how much it sucks. Those mornings when you go and look at the mirror and see three more of the bastards on your chin going "Hello, you remember us? We're back! HAHA!". The only thing I've learned from all these years of Acne is that squeezing them is just a bad, bad idea.

But hang in there, dude. It can't go on forever.

Ninja Smiley! :ninja: