Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Notattractive!

I'm always the joke!! HATE SCHOOL!

Today had to be the worse day for me for the school year yet.Everyone in my first period was calling me Scooby doo because of all the dark blotches on my face... I tried to play along & laugh but inside... I just wanted everyone to leave me alone & I had butterflies in my stomach.There's a stupid rumor going around the school is that I am gay & I like other girls... don't know where that came from... I came into 5th period & I sat next to these girls & they were like I don't want to sit next to this dike.First I had to cuss them out!!! I was the one who got in trouble & everyone was laughing at me in there.Then 6th period... this boy is constantly laughing at the way I talk because I have buck teeth & I slur some of my words.Sigh... I'm the joke always, I'm always making bad grades in school.... What is there to live for!! I hate my life!! God.. it's bad enough I have acne... but to always be called ugly & teased really takes a toll on me.... I'm not strong enough to take it anymore.Everyone at the school can burn in h***! They deserve it!!! sad.gif

Aww, sweetie, school is hell. Take my word for it, things get much better when you graduate! You need to figure out something that you are good at and obsess on doing it better than anyone. My daughter has a mild tourette syndrome (lots of tics and such) and is add. She had a horrible time in school. She is now a stylist and does model shoots and her salon loves her. She is finally getting self confidence - she's 22.

Just hang in there and when things get to bad come to this site, the people are great so you'll always find someone here to help you get thru the bad times.

yes, i agree completely with maral. people in junior high and high school are so immature and they only make fun of others to make themselves feel better. if they're making fun of other people, they shift the focus to that person so they won't get picked on. plus the fact that these people have to cut down others to make themselves feel better really shows that they are weak minded and immature.

but maral is completely right. once you get out of high school the whole mentality changes. people have grown up. everyone realizes that they have shortcomings too and that they're no better than the others. they also develop compassion for others.. which is what children are lacking. when you are older you are aware of the impact of these problems on people's minds, and you don't want to make it worse.

another good point that maral brought up is focusing your energy on something and make yourself good at it. i have a good example of this. a guy i knew used to be a huge "nerd". everyone made fun of him in high school. he just tried to ignore it and instead put his energy into learning what he loved. that was computers. he focused all of his attention into becoming really good at them, and he is now one rich mofo. and guess where all of those people that were making fun of him are? probably nowhere. they dropped out of college. they were too busy worrying about other people's faults to worry about themselves and their own fate.

when you're younger, looks and popularity get you places. when you're an adult, money and power does. so instead of worrying about being good looking and popular now, concentrate on becoming rich and powerful in the future.. and you can do that by saying screw these guys and do your best at school and concentrate on making yourself a better person.

i agree with you though. these people are jerks. maybe one day they'll have a disfiguring accident or something and they'll understand what it's like to be judged for your appearance.

Public high schools are a hate crime against children. I didn't even have that many problems - just not a popular or trendy person and I look back and can't believe I made it through so healthy and sane. But community college and later trade school turned out to be great experiences though so hang in there. biggrin.gif

Don't be afraid to be afraid to fight back verbally or even physically when someone comes after you. You'll regret it internally if you don't and bullies always go after those who don't defend themselves.

Botchla that was inspiring, I have never looked at it that way. I'm a junior in highschool and its hard goin to school everyday with acne on my face even though people at my school haven't messed with me about my acne I still have a low self-esteem and i dred going to school to face everyone. But I deal with it the best I can. And Attractive I think you should ignore all those losers as best as you can they are dumbass's that dont know any better nobody should treat someone like that no matter who it is.

Sorry about the swearing.

If you have bad acne, are physically unattractive, have a speech impediment, are stupid, and have low self esteem, then yes, I agree that you pretty much have nothing to look forward to in life. Do you have a talent you haven't mentioned, like being great at writing or teaching or playing tennis? If not, maybe you should join the military or religious organization and sacrifice your life for others.

Xenophobiac, you appear to have accidentally come on the wrong messageboard. This is acne.org. I think you were looking for socially_inept_losers.org.

Notattractive, I agree with the comments others have made - high school is hell. It will get better. Also, I think you need to find another name for yourself. Defining yourself as "not attractive" is the worst most damaging thing you can do to yourself. You would be amazed how much of being attractive is based on how you feel about yourself rather than physical characteristics.

Don't worry about Xeno, he has issues ppl !! :-s

But NT, you shouldn't let other ppl get you down !!

They are sad, pathetic morons who will probably never acheive anything in there lifes. Don't let em put ya down girl !!!!

Try and set your mind to summink that you really want, good grades for example, and block out all the insults, remember the compliments. biggrin.gif

Good one Vanessa........it always amazes me how some people get their kicks from insulting others, like God made them with no imperfections at all. :-k

NT.....take Vanessa's advice and try to think of another name. Negative self talk really can do a lot of harm....I can't remember the details (anyone, anyone?), but your body actually does respond to it with a physical reaction in much the same way it does when other people speak to you negatively.

~nancy

_________

"No one else has your needs, your gifts, your insights. Wow!"

"Don't let anyone or anything steal your joy away!"

(I'm not sure whose quotes these are, but they help me sometimes.)

xenophobic i'm sure you get your laughs seeing people feel miserable about themselves, i know i used to be friends with alot of dip... "switches"... like yourself. I'm not going to give you some big fruity lecture but i hope when your about to die noone visits you in the hospital and you realize that you've been cruel to people your whole life. Forget him he's probably just some kid who thinks because he had one zit and it went away with clearasil or something that people with acne are just "letting themselves go and could get rid of their zits if they just put the effort into it" it get s better as you get older and older. They can only hurt you if you care what they say. when people point out your imperfections point out their's (that really shuts them up)

xenophobic i'm sure you get your laughs seeing people feel miserable about themselves, i know i used to be friends with alot of dip... "switches"... like yourself. I'm not going to give you some big fruity lecture but i hope when your about to die noone visits you in the hospital and you realize that you've been cruel to people your whole life. Forget him he's probably just some kid who thinks because he had one zit and it went away with clearasil or something that people with acne are just "letting themselves go and could get rid of their zits if they just put the effort into it" it get s better as you get older and older. They can only hurt you if you care what they say. when people point out your imperfections point out their's (that really shuts them up)

You know... thank you guys... today I feel a little better... That same boy that tried to make stabs at me today but it didn't bother me as much.Even though everybody laughed at me... I just laughed along with them.What's even funnier is today... I was walking to my bus... The boy that was making jokes about me asked for a hug... I told him f*** off & I went into my bus... Made me feel alot better.What really bothered me is that this guy I like is in the same class as me & he was snickering as well even though we're really cool.Also... if I really think about it... they weren't actually laughing at me... they were laughing at the guy because he is like a class clown.I asked the majority of the people that laughed did I look like scooby doo... they were like no... it was just funny what he had said. So overall I feel better today... I just really don't like negative attention on me like that.. I realise that I have to be strong to negative comments like that.

Notattractive, I am very sorry that these people were allowed to bully you like they did. Try not to let them see that they are bothering you. Hold your head high and show confidence. Tell yourself over and over that you are person deserving of respect. Don't show your vunerability by crying or getting upset. Feel sorry for these pathetic people and kill them with kindness.

I hope you can tell a counselor or teacher what is going on. They need to advocate for you and put a stop to the bullying.

Immerse yourself into your studies. I know it will get better for you.

attractive, you just aroused some heavy emotions within me... i felt excatly the same back in middle and early parts of high school. girl, trust me it does get better... but with your permission. be open to more beautiful things. im glad to hear you're feeling better. believe me you are gonna emerge from there with a massive amount of self awareness.

hehe. i remember having a bad day at school back in sophomore high school. then i came home and i played with hte internet for the first time i went to the advice room at yahoo. ahhh the wonders of being online. i hope i knew about acne.org back then. those were my drama days. im a college freshman now and yeah, there are loads more respect here.

just rememeber that the worst thing you can do is dwell too much on others perceptions of you. you are much much more than a kid with breakouts. hangout with a good friends who you can have fun with and try to have fun as much as possible.

refuse to limit yourself to anyone's definition.

pm me for absolutely anything.... gudluck attractive!!!! biggrin.gif

If you have bad acne, are physically unattractive, have a speech impediment, are stupid, and have low self esteem, then yes, I agree that you pretty much have nothing to look forward to in life. Do you have a talent you haven't mentioned, like being great at writing or teaching or playing tennis? If not, maybe you should join the military or religious organization and sacrifice your life for others.

Was that really necessary, hostility is a sign of vulnerability, you wouldnt of signed up to this forum if you didnt have issue's so just show a little respect

you are still young, you'll blossom! Everyone blossoms in their own way.. you have your entire life ahead in front of you, as long as you do something about it I believe things will be better.