Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm mean it's not fair.... I haven't done anything wrong

Is it fair to be made fun of because of your face?

I mean come on, why do people make fun of you?

if they had acne i wouldnt x___x

my acne started 2 years ago

and just now my friend just called and asked if I wanted to shoot some fireworks with some people

but im sitting here scared to go out cuz of my face...

My acne is pretty bad

It really sucks, i just want to die

I understand. I feel the same, but I don't necessarily believe a God has punished us. I personally think it is karma. But, it still is painful to experience. I feel like I hide a lot also because of my skin. We will get through this. Keep trying new things to help. Have hope. What are you using right now?

acne is a biproduct of growing up, i guess.. if we were like cavemen or something we wouldn't care about each other's faces

I know how your feeling.. i havent been out with my friends since april and its JULY!!! and i was always the type of person you would never find home. It sucks and its hard, but i have faith in God that everything will clear up and go back to normal when the time is right. I've noticed if you feel positive on the inside you will look positive on the outside. Keep your head up high... it will go away sooner or later.

I was also watching Discover Health on day and this lady had her right cheek basically bitten off by a lion and after recovery on an interview (which she had major scarring) she said even though her face looks like it does she can't stop living. Crying about it won't make things any different.

So thats my advice to you.. SMILE becasue your AMAZING! and your not alone.

Basia

I watched that same program on Discovery Health and I found it inspiring. We just have to keep on pushing and know that we have loved ones around us to talk to and get us through it.

I personally think it is karma.

I started getting it at 11 years old...what did I do to someone else @ 11 to suffer from the what goes around comes around theory?

I honestly think I was given acne to protect myself. Let me explain:

Before I had acne, I was one of the typical popular kids at my school- not really paying attention in class, always fooling around, and wasn't respectful towards my peers. My first year of high school hits and BAM, I get acne and loose all self-confidence. Slowly, I lose my friends and my status in school due to my lack of confidence and I become a quiet loner. I don't have much anything else to do, so I do my school work and I get good grades. I SLOWLY become more confident as the years go by and towards the end of my senior year, I realized that if I didn't get acne and become a complete emotional wreck, I would have stayed with the same friends, who are now using drugs, failing classes, complete assholes, and have no respect for themselves. I would have ended up as one of them and had completely ruined my education because I thought life was about being cool.

I think God knew I was heading in the wrong direction and wanted to steer me clear of all the bad things I would have experienced. At least this is what I like to believe- it makes me feel better about my situation and I feel good about the way I've turned out in life.

I didn't mean someone deserves this. I meant that we all have lessons to learn and they teach us different things. Not everyone believe in karma and past lives, but I do.I feel that we have been many things in many lives and the karma we have in this one is not necessarily from anything we have done now. It is important I feel not to blame some THING. I think we all to accept and do what we need to do to heal this issue. I know people are bitter and hurt by this. I have spent over 10 years with this problem myself. But, you know what, staying bitter and blaming is not gonna take it away. It's ok that you don't believe in what I believe and I wish you all the best in finding the answer to your pain as I wish it for myself.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I honestly think I was given acne to protect myself. Let me explain:

Before I had acne, I was one of the typical popular kids at my school- not really paying attention in class, always fooling around, and wasn't respectful towards my peers. My first year of high school hits and BAM, I get acne and loose all self-confidence. Slowly, I lose my friends and my status in school due to my lack of confidence and I become a quiet loner. I don't have much anything else to do, so I do my school work and I get good grades. I SLOWLY become more confident as the years go by and towards the end of my senior year, I realized that if I didn't get acne and become a complete emotional wreck, I would have stayed with the same friends, who are now using drugs, failing classes, complete assholes, and have no respect for themselves. I would have ended up as one of them and had completely ruined my education because I thought life was about being cool.

I think God knew I was heading in the wrong direction and wanted to steer me clear of all the bad things I would have experienced. At least this is what I like to believe- it makes me feel better about my situation and I feel good about the way I've turned out in life.

I'm glad you can see the positives. Although acne has been really devastating for me, i still think it's going to bring forth some positives. If only for better health and a more open, humane approach to things.

RIght on. It is devastating for me to, but it is SOOO important on this forum that we lift eachother and not just complain and stay in the crap of it all. To be honest, that makes our acne worse from the stress.

some people, who believe in reincarnation feel that our soul chooses what challenges we will face in each life. If we just had an easy life we would learn nothing and accomplish nothing. I think that when someone loses a parent or relative early in life or is faced with acne it is a challenge and the objective is to get through it. But this is just acne. It could be worse. BTW. I'm not someone with 1 pimple. I have alot of active pimples, at least 30, as well as red marks all over my face, neck, and back, and scarring.

I know it's easy to blame God for these things but... I personally do not blame God for anything. I mean, why do some people in Africa have nothing to eat and I have a pretty comfortable life? Is that fair?

It's frustrating I know... I hope there is some really effective treatment that you can use to treat your acne... ugh, it sucks >.<

some people, who believe in reincarnation feel that our soul chooses what challenges we will face in each life. If we just had an easy life we would learn nothing and accomplish nothing. I think that when someone loses a parent or relative early in life or is faced with acne it is a challenge and the objective is to get through it. But this is just acne. It could be worse. BTW. I'm not someone with 1 pimple. I have alot of active pimples, at least 30, as well as red marks all over my face, neck, and back, and scarring.

I agree with this theory about choosing the challenges also. I guess for many especially teens, this is totally a strange concept. I have cystic acne, so I know how upsetting this can be. I cry every other day lately. I guess I haven't lost hope. It is sad that so many people this young have though.

I know it's easy to blame God for these things but... I personally do not blame God for anything. I mean, who do some people in Africa have nothing to eat and I have a pretty comfortable life? Is that fair?

It's frustrating I know... I hope there is some really effective treatment that you can use to treat your acne... ugh, it sucks >.<

Agreed. (First post :D )