Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

MY STUPID PARENTS DONT THINK.....

Have you asked them why? They are probably aware that more risks are associated with systemic drugs, e.g ketoconazole, isotretinoin, levofloxacin, etc. Try topical creams... Retin-A Micro along with Tetracyline. Tetracycline is a fairly safe antibiotic.

Have you tried the following together:

- diet (no red meat, dairy, processed foods, fried foods, chocolate, refined grains, oils, fats, etc.. especially processed foods.)

- jogging

- vitamin B5

- tea tree oil

What type of soap do you use to clean your face?

##

-Roaccutane Science: http://max001.proboards42.com

-Retinoid signaling, etc.

-FDA Advisory Committee on Accutane (2000)

-Accutane package label (2005)

-Package label history

How can they not believe in it? That doesn't make much sense. Tell them that it's helping your self esteem and self confidence. That might make them change their minds.

How old are you and how bad is your acne? If you are in your teens they probably think you will grow out of it and the chances are that you will, its an unfortunate minority that go on to have acne in their 20s and 30s. The key thing is whether your acne is severe now. If it is you need to tell your parents that it may lead to PERMENANT SCARRING if you do not receive adequate treatment and that means systemic oral medication. Topicals won't do it. There are some pictures of acne scarring on the picture gallery - some are mild / non-existant, but some are severe. Show them.

tell them Accutane isn't a god to be believed in or not believed in.

^&#[email protected]$%

tell them it's a new generation and to stop being hillbillys

is it a religious thing? or are they just being stubborn?

I'd try going to them with the medical side of acne, showing them it's something that really does need to be treated........ not just for your social life and the way you feel, but for your physical well being too!

u cant get accutane if ur depressed. supposedly it might be linked to suicide (i think that's crap).

so dont tell them ur depressed. tell them it is controlling your life in terms of self esteem and kids making fun of you. also tell them it's extremely painful physically. stay home from school to protest if you have to. but get accutane. get it before u scar or scar worse. then ur really fucked.

i was in your same postion. my parents didnt believe in it because they just didnt want me on medication because they thought it would ruin my liver. that might be what your parents are thinking too. but i said screw it and went anyways. lol.

My folks saw my acne as a teen and didnt offer to take me to doctor. They simply didnt want to spend the $ or waste their time. Now I got scars as a result.

There was a great thread on here (about a month ago) with parents that have their kids on accutane. You might want to try to find them. I don't remember their names, but they were helping someone else convince their parents to put them on accutane.

schedule an appt. with your derm and bring your parents along too so your derm can talk some sense into them. i know it's probably frustrating but don't get mad at them, they only want what's best for you

Bah, I completely understand.

I actually went to the dermatologist with my mom and he said "YOU NEED ACCUTANE." but after reading all the side effects online she's like 'i don't think you can go on accutane...it causes cancer' wtf? How old are you? I'm almost 17 so I'd need parental consent and $$. I'd think its better to do it sooner so you wouldn't scar or anything though.

ugh parents are so difficult sometimes.

Hope you can make them see that it's for the better. best of luck.

I would just tell your parents this "Mom, Dad, if I was sick with a sinus infection or something, you would take me to the doctor to get me well. The doctor would most likely put me on antibiotics. The same antibiotics that would help my face. My face makes me feel sick and I need medicine."