Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JPosey30311

Bar of soap recommended by Derm.

My derm recommended to wash my face with a bar of anti-bacterial soap and i've been doing it for a little over a year, I had extremely mild acne before I started washing my face with a bar and now it is about mild-moderate. Ive heard a bar of soap has ingredients in it to keep it in bar-form that can clog pores.

So, what is better for acne? A Bar of soap or a Cleanser? And if a Cleanser, what cleanser?

A cleanser is basically a soap for the face. it is generally softer than a soap, which is mean to scrub away dirt from the skin, an irritating process. this irritation can cause acne

if you are looking for a cleanser, i would recommend the Purpose bar (got mine from Amazon and its cheap, light, and non-smelling) - they also have them at local drug stores

also, i have not tried Dan's cleanser, but if you want a liquid cleanser that might be the way to go

peace,

bob

A cleanser is what you want to be washing your face with, not a bar of soap. (Some cleansers come in bar form though).

If you have oily skin, try a bar cleanser. It's a bit more drying, but if your face can handle it I personally think they work better. These are popular choices -

-Purpose cleansing bar (excellent)

-Cetaphil cleansing bar

-Basis Sensitive skin bar

If you have dry skin, you may want to use a liquid cleanser -

Purpose, SpectroJel, Cetaphil, and Neutrogena all make good liquid cleansers. Also Dans new cleanser. Read the reviews of all these products here -

http://acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=39&anchor=browse#browse

Just remember, you want something that will gently wash your face, and stay away from antibacterial bar soaps like ivory and lever2000.

yeah, i switched to the cetaphil bar from an ivory bar of soap. within a day my face significantly improved. the few pimples i still have are extremely small and unnoticeable. its working out great. also, my face doesnt get dry and flaky anymore after I wash and dry it.

A cleanser is what you want to be washing your face with, not a bar of soap. (Some cleansers come in bar form though).

If you have oily skin, try a bar cleanser. It's a bit more drying, but if your face can handle it I personally think they work better. These are popular choices -

-Cetaphil cleansing bar

Purpose, SpectroJel, Cetaphil, and Neutrogena all make good liquid cleansers. Also Dans new cleanser. Read the reviews of all these products here -

Just remember, you want something that will gently wash your face, and stay away from antibacterial bar soaps like ivory and lever2000.

the basis bar of soap is full of pore clogging ingredients and is a horrible recomendation.

-Cetaphil cleansing bar

the basis bar of soap is full of pore clogging ingredients and is a horrible recomendation.

Never actually used it, I'm just going off the recommendations of this website.