Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I have recently started running in the mornings and at night time. On the whole the exercise relieves stress and makes me feel a whole lot better. I exercise a lot during term time, as I play badminton daily. I decided I needed to continue exercising to keep fit.

However, does exercise have any known benefits for acne? I am unclear about this.

Not very knowledgeable in a detailed sense but personally speaking, exercise helps. I guess the basics are... keep your body healthy and it'll show on the outside. Also, sweating and some sun help your face (that is, if you wash up afterwards).

Aerobic exercise has a number of effects similar to those of accutane. Its also just good for you.

exercise works mainly by increasing bloodflow both during the workout and for 24 hours afterwards.

secondarily it stimulates lymph drainage. your lymph system relies on gravity to drain. movement really helps it. some docs recommend cancer patients bounce on mini-tramps.

secondarily sweating helps clear skin. the urea and salt in the skin may also be beneficial.

i have a personal theory that it also keeps cholesterol low which leaves less to be turned into sebum.

some docs recommend cancer patients bounce on mini-tramps.

Yeah those mini-tramps really piss me off, "spare some change, sir?" "stich that! you dirty robbing bastard" let cancer patients bounce all over them i say, maybe make an event out of it. I can see it now hundreds of bald men sporting hospital gowns stamping upon homeless midgets gleefully wailing weeee weeee, who needs the world cup, homeless midget stamping is the future.

Thankyou so much NotaDr, thats the funniest thing I've read all week!!! You are a wee ray of hilarity on an otherwise dark and dismal day!! Homeless midgit stamping, oh my god I can't stop laughing!!!!!

I believe exercise helps.

When you intake more protein for bodybuilding/exercise you increase the acidic content of food. This is not good.

So to balance your food intake you must then increase your alkaline intake and fibre. i.e vegetables like brocolli etc.

The increased food intake, exercise and rest (recovery) strengthens your body and then the internal defence mechanisms within your body are easily able to combat bateria attacking your body.

The result is less acne.

REMEMBER THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WHEN YOU INCREASE YOUR ACIDIC FOOD CONTENT MEAT(PROTEIN) TO SIMULTANEOUSLY INCREASE YOUR ALKALINE FOOD INTAKE (VEGETABLES, FRUIT ETC.)