Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so the hypertrophic scar went down, but the shiny texture and some redness still remain. the derm said wait it out. but i was wondering is there anything to better the shiny texture of the scar and the redness of the hypertrophic scar after its flat?

but mainly im just trying to get rid of the redness of the hypertrophic scar, i wouldnt even care if it turned white as long as its not red. lol

i have been using hydrocortisone 0.1% cream for about 4 weeks now (use for 2 weeks rest for a week, use 2 weeks, off a week...), and with kelo-cote silicone scar gel applied on top of that twice a day. that helped a bit.

but i was thinking would tazorac or anything else help with redness or the shiny texture of the scar. so any information would be better than my derms advice of wait it out. even though that can be great advice at times.

and im sure im not the only one so this would help many others.

thanks in advance

may i ask how you rid yourself of your hypertrophic scars? [make it flat] i have a couple on my back and one on my chest and i WOULD LOVEEE to get rid of them.. :pray: i wouldnt even mind if they continue to stay red or have that shiny scar like tissue over them just as long as they are flat. PLEASE help me, what got your hypertrophic scars flat... :think:

I had one injected with kenalog and it went right down. For redness try hydroquinone creme. Or if u want an easy cure to redness and minor scarring go out and get a nice tan. In 20 minutes once or twice a week u can make a patchy face look a million times better. If u cant tan then that stinks but if u can hit the beach or bed.

^ How much did the kenalog shot cost? Did you only have to have one shot for it to go down? How long did it take to fully flatten? Is kenalog like a steroid shot (since I've read that steroid shots also help hypertrophic scars)? If you can answer my questions that'd be great! Thanks in advance.

^ How much did the kenalog shot cost? Did you only have to have one shot for it to go down? How long did it take to fully flatten? Is kenalog like a steroid shot (since I've read that steroid shots also help hypertrophic scars)? If you can answer my questions that'd be great! Thanks in advance.

The shot cost like $75 which I was told was really really expensive as most pay $25 or so. Anyway I had one huge zit that I fell onto and ripped up when it was really big and nasty. Anyway a large portion of it was ripped and fell offa few days later leaving a nasty raised scar behind. It took one shot of Kenalog which is a steroid and only a few hours for the scar to go down. I got the shot about 1 month after it had been ripped and it was still really red and not healed yet. I took no longer than a day and a half for it to get where it eventually stayed.

I've tried mederma, it helps little. I am using scar remover containing Vit A plus Allantoin. It faded my red marks after using it for 6 weeks. Though it didn't completely fade it to skin color, I'm satisfied with the progress.

The shot cost like $75 which I was told was really really expensive as most pay $25 or so. Anyway I had one huge zit that I fell onto and ripped up when it was really big and nasty. Anyway a large portion of it was ripped and fell offa few days later leaving a nasty raised scar behind. It took one shot of Kenalog which is a steroid and only a few hours for the scar to go down. I got the shot about 1 month after it had been ripped and it was still really red and not healed yet. I took no longer than a day and a half for it to get where it eventually stayed.

Thanks for the reply. Did it also help with the redness or just mostly the raised-ness of it. Haha. I have a few raised scars on my body that are about a year old and hopefully it'll go away with the shot. One's a brownish color while the others are still pinkish red and soft. I'll have to call up a dermatologist and schedule an appointment. Sounds good! Also, I have a flesh colored bump in the middle of my chest and a few other places on my body that have been there for almost a year as well. I think they're scars although I'm not sure since they're flesh colored. Do you think it'll help with those?