Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WideOpen

what med should I try next?

Hello everyone, I used to have mild acne starting around 13-14, I'm 18 now and its the worst its ever been I'd say its close to moderate/severe right now,Its mostly on both ceeks,chin.My doctor told me I dont have the type of acne that scars but i think thats a load of bull cuz I alrdy have about 7 scars could be from popping them tho.So far ive been stupid and waisted about 200-300 dollers on Murad and Exposed which I think gave me close to moderate/severe acne.Now its back to plan one and Im tired of waisting my money on bullshit,Should I go to a derm? I dont know what direction to go, I'm skeptical of accutane and dans regime is for mild acne right? I almost bought the program that Leo Keisen has but I searched this site and alot of ppl think its a waist of money. any help pointing me in the right direction would be very helpfull. Thanks.

Hey WideOpen,

Welcome to the board.

My suggestion would be to go read Jess's thread about jessfoliation. I don't use the cetaphil but wash my face about 3 - 4 times a day with celtic sea salt. I dissolve 2 teaspoons in warm water and wash twice with cotton pads. Let it dry a little, rinse it off and then spot treat with neosporin cream. At night I put neo all over my face. I've been doing the sea salt for almost a month but just started the neo Sunday night.

My "never say die" zits are dissapearing and even some scars are getting better. I's a fascinating concept that something so simple works so well and so fast! Don't waste your money on a derm either. I'v been over the years and they don't really help. Well, not me anyhow.

Good luck!

Allie

Oh, and I bought some emu oil and put it on them when they get dry (the spots I mean) helps the healing and makes them less pickable