Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pushing Up Roses

A log (about my face.)

So, I had to start a log here in the personal regimen forum because I had to abruptly stop with the CSR, BP does NOT like my face, so that ended that. I have a new regimen that I would like to log, so have a seat, eat a bagel, and share with me..my mindless prattle. ;)

Current status: Many minor (but annoying) red marks. One picked and VERY bruised blemish on my nose, one on my chin. Enlarged pores.

I have started this regimen for about 3 days now, and I have seen some improvement already. I will do it for thirty days and see if my skin further improves. Now, you may think I am not doing ENOUGH to my skin, but I believe less is more, and I don't want to use too many products on my skin, it's too sensitive and fair to experiment a million products on, so here goes:

Morning: ABH Cleanser from Sally's ( I don't reccomend this if you are on the CSR as it has salicylic acid in it, but if you don't use BP it is a wonderful cleanser. Gentle, yet deep cleaning and pore refining, and removes even very stubborn make up.)

Pat dry, apply proactiv toner (or Biore triple astringent) to face with cotton. It helps fade scars and can also work as a moisturizer.

Make up: Perfectly real compact make up by Clinque, applied lightly with brush

Evening: ABH cleanser

Proactiv or Biore toner to smooth the skin

Effaclar K on any active pimples or trouble spots

Neosporin on bruised, torn blemishes.

If you've read my other log, you may know I have a problem with picking my blemishes. I haven't picked in two days, so we'll see how that goes. :)

Your regimen actually looks pretty safe to me; there are very few harsh chemicals and medicines in it. Toner is always a good thing, because many of them have witch hazel in them, which refine your pores and close them up a bit.

For me, it's been a week with the Tea Tree Oil Xperiment :lol: and my pores look better and my skin is softer. But I won't jump to conclusions. I was in a good phase with my face when I started this. Then again, I was in a good phase when I started the CSR, too, and everything worked out fairly well...we shall see.

Yeah, I did the CSR for about 7 1/2 mos, but I don't think it's good for your face, and it didn't work 100%, anyway. My skin took the stuff well, but who knows what things will look like in the long run.

I hope all works out for you. If you don't like this regimen, maybe I'll recommend mine, if it works in the long run!

Meg :D

Okay, so this is day 3, going on day four. So far my face has not gotten worse at all, and it is improving a little tiny bit day by day. I wish I could get rid of the scarring, but those will fade in time. I added Neutrogena acne scar fading mask to the mix, in hopes that it will fade the scarring quicker. I will use it 1-2 times a week and see what happens.

I picked at my face a tiny bit today, but only to extract a whitehead. I got it extracted but it left a TINY red mark, ugh. No more picking!!!

-Sarah

Okay, so I am noticing this TINY TINY TINY white bumps on my cheeks, and I don't think they are milia because they are pretty small. I wonder if my pores are just clogged, so I might change up my regimen. I am going to buy some biore unclogging scrub today and some more toner because I am almost out. I think these little bumps are just tiny whiteheads, you can't see them unless under sunlight. My pores are also larger than average, so I am guessing they are just clogged. I'll start the biore tonight and keep up with the toner and see what happens. If anyone has any advice on getting rid of these little bumps, let me know.

-Sarah

(btw, I accidentally posted this in the CSR forum too. Oops.)

I don't have any active pimples at the moment, but my scars are not budging. They seem to fade the tiniest bit, but it is taking forever. I do not want to add anything new to my regimen because I know if I stick to it, like anything else, over time it will heal me. I need to be more patient. For now I will just continue to cover the scars with make up. :( I did add the neutrogena acne scar fading mask to my regimen. I spot treated with it last night, only putting it on scars. I'm pretty sure it didn't work, but perhaps with consistant use, it will. Not sure. I will let you guys know if the neutrogena mask is worth buying.

-Sarah

hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I switched to the Biore products yesterday night, and this morning when I washed my face with the pore unclogging scrub, it felt SO clean and smelled SO GOOD! I love the way it makes my skin feel! I reccomend Biore products if you feel you have clogged pores and are tired of awful smelling products.

These products won't fade the scars, so I am still going to use the neutrogena, neosporin and Effaclar K when I feel I have to.

-Sarah

I started using the Biore products today. I am using the ice blemish cleanser, followed by the toner, the scrub used a few times a week to unclog pores and the nose strips every week or so. I love these products, they really make my skin feel clean and hopefully they will prevent future break outs. The pore strip is really powerful, it really pulled out all the gunk from my nose. Let's just pray I don't break out..I am still trying to get rid of my scars from about a week ago, so they are still fresh and very bright red. Ew.

:pray:

-Sarah

I woke up today, looked in the mirror, and was just utterly depressed. I hate feeling so self conscious about my face. :(

-Sarah

I understand how you feel. I had the same feeling when I was out of town and looked at my skin under the bad lights in the hotel bathroom (not a good idea!). Red marks are a pain, huh?

PICTURES!

what everyone always misses when making these logs.

Considering how self conscious I am, I don't think I will be posting pictures. I want people to hear me, not see me..at least for now. Maybe if I get the guts I will post a picture.

And willow- yeah, I HATE bathrooms with bad lighting. Ugh, especially in hotels where I am out of town, makes me feel so bad about my skin.

... -sigh-

Well, right now I don't have any active pimples. We'll see how long that lasts. Unfortunately I have several very dark red marks and everytime I wake up and see them it looks like they just got redder. :( I am gonna try using aloe vera either tonight or tomorrow because I can't stand it, they look awful. Wish me luck.

-Sarah

So I got my colorescience try me kit I ordered about a week ago. It's possibly the worst make up I have ever used. It's mineral make up, but it seems heavy, doesn't have good coverage and looks ORANGE when I have it on! I think that's just because I have light skin though, and their lightest color wasn't light enough. I guess I will stick with clinique.

I got this free sample of this anti-aging serum with my make up, so I looked it up on the net. It says it can be used for hyperpigmentation, so I used it on one of my red marks last night. Not sure if it helped or not, too soon to tell, but it definately didn't irritate anything, so we'll see. :)

Only 3 more days of summer classes, woohoo! Maybe then my skin won't break out as much, college really has been a big stress for me. :wall:

-Sarah

Some good knews, I found something that really helps fade red marks and hyperpigmentation fast. It's called C E ferulic. Excellent, my red marks are FINALLY dimishing. Used some effaclar K on some active pimples last night also, and they are healing fast. :clap:

:( I picked at my face a lot today, and now it sort of looks like I have measels. This is so frustrating. I need to stop picking at least for a MONTH (preferably forever) so my other red marks can heal, because now they just keep multiplying. Help!

I changed my regimen up a bit. It's less harsh of acne chemicals now, and should help to clear up the red marks. I picked up a cocoa butter with Vitamin E moisturizer stick which is suppose to help heal blemishes. I used it last night and it didn't irritate my face AND it smelled great. I will let you guys know how effective it is on healing red marks. :)

-Sarah

The regimen I am using is working wonders. My skin really looks SO much better, I just need to have patience now. :) If anyone wants to know anything more specific, let me know.

-Sarah

My face is really clearing up nice. I even got my cycle, and nothing. No breakouts at all, which is odd because my red marks are still fading from last months break out. It seems I finally found a non harsh regimen that works for me, right on!

My face is completely clear. No active pimples, no red marks. (Well, BARELY any. Not enough for me to whine about.)

Now I need to tackle these huge pores of mine. I'm thinking a peel would yeild the best results, but I don't want to do ANYTHING harsh to upset my skin. I want it to stay clear. Any suggestions?

All I can say right now it...WHAT THE EFF.

I broke out. Not too bad though. Small zit on my nose (but right where an almost faded redmark was so now it's redder, AGH) one small one on my chin and one fairly large one on my cheek. The large one hurts, and I felt the urge to pick, thus making it worse than it is. I think I know what the culprit is. Probably post mentrual zits, OR this almay pore minimizing crap for crap I bought. And for the record, it does not work. Not one bit. :( Oh well, back to trying to get completely clear. Seems like an ongoing cycle.

-twitch- Monster inflammation on my left cheek. Hurts like a bitch. Very very very frustrated. everytime my scarring starts to fade, I get a new zit, which I pick, then I have to wait longer for it to fade. Damn this horrible skin cycle. AGGHJHG:KJHF:DHS:WFOJOAJNFM!

There. Bashing on the keyboard helped a bit. But still, argh.

-Sarah

-twitch- Monster inflammation on my left cheek. Hurts like a bitch. Very very very frustrated. everytime my scarring starts to fade, I get a new zit, which I pick, then I have to wait longer for it to fade. Damn this horrible skin cycle. AGGHJHG:KJHF:DHS:WFOJOAJNFM!

There. Bashing on the keyboard helped a bit. But still, argh.

-Sarah

Gahh...I have a moderate-sized zit along my jawline and I want to pick at it sooooo badly! Especially when I rest my chin on my hand. I feel like I can't stop myself! No picking no picking no picking!!!