Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forever-Lovely

What would happen if you just washed your face with water for 1 month?

I actually tried not washing my face and not using any medications (I'd been using differein every night up til then) at all for about 3 weeks and overall my skin definitely improved - I didn't get many new pimples and my face was actually a lot less oily. However, I got lots of clogged pores, which I never usually get, and by the end of the 3rd week my face was pretty bumpy, and I panicked because I was worried that eventually all those bumps would come to a head and I would get the worst breakout of my life. So I started washing with cetaphil and using differein again and my skin went back to the way it used to be within about 2 weeks.

I went 35 days washing with just water and at first it seemed okay but Yesterday I went back to using face wash and bp because it's that time of the month and my face gets really greasy and started breaking out bad so I gave up on just water. Maybe if I would of used just water for a few months I would have seen a bigger improvement but I don't have the patience to wait and see! I don't think people with acne can get away with just using water.

washing with just water is good...

but the thing is, after about 2-5 days, you need to exfoliate with something(washcloth) to get rid of all the dead skin and grime off. A cleanser would not be enough, you need to scrub the crap off.

So try it, its good to be gentle on your skin.

if you get acne then wte is casuing the first step of acne (clogged pores) water will not be enough to keep your pores clean and your face acne free. its just the facts...you need bp and a cleanser that is right for your skin to prevent and heal your acne.i know its a bitch findin somethin that works for you but thats the steps you gotta take. i think the water solution would only work for somebody with perfect skin. my skin isn't acne prone i just get clogged pores easily and i tried the whole water thing for alittle while and it wasn't enough to keep my face clean. water doesn't penatrate far enough into the pores to cleanse the skin even with a wash cloth. it just dries your skin out and leaves the crap still in your pores. j

if you get acne then wte is casuing the first step of acne (clogged pores) water will not be enough to keep your pores clean and your face acne free. its just the facts...you need bp and a cleanser that is right for your skin to prevent and heal your acne.i know its a bitch findin somethin that works for you but thats the steps you gotta take. i think the water solution would only work for somebody with perfect skin. my skin isn't acne prone i just get clogged pores easily and i tried the whole water thing for alittle while and it wasn't enough to keep my face clean. water doesn't penatrate far enough into the pores to cleanse the skin even with a wash cloth. it just dries your skin out and leaves the crap still in your pores. j

I ran into an old lady neighbor at WalMart one day. Noticing my "beauty products" she went into a schpiel about how she's only used water to wash her face her entire life and had great skin. She said all those washes, lotions, and remedies were a trick to get people to spend more $$. I think she just had some lucky genetics!

ive been washing my face with a very, very diluted formula of apple cider vinegar and water for over a year now. best cleanser i have ever used. no dry skin, no tight feeling after its clean, cheap as hell and skin, in combination with my diet is about 80-90% better. i recommend the cheap way!

a few years ago, before i had acne, my facialst told me not to use any soaps, but to wash with warm water and then do a few splashesh with sage tea. that was great! sage is a powerful natural disinfector and moisturizer and is great to use on you skin, was it healthy or with problems

For the past three weeks, i've been using just warm water in the morning and during the day. At night I use a Clean & Clear deep clean cream wash that contains SA. Then I pat my face dry and apply some 'Oxy on the spot' treatment cream which contains BP. It's been working very well and all the volcanoes that were on my face three weeks ago had gone down within a week. Now my face is completly smooth and it's only got the faded marks left from them.

I tried just water for a few days but I stopped because I kept breaking out...

I don't use much to wash my face anyway.. just alternating between cetaphil and some neutrogena cleanser...

i tried it for a few weeks, the first week you get a reaction, clogged pores possibly some more acne, but after the first week or two your acne gets better but your skin is so oily (well at least to me). so i just switched to cetiphil and just cetiphil and i still havent had a breakout since, i might switch back to just water, but i wanted to try out cetiphil. by the way i use salt water, it cleanses better.