Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just started Yasmin BCP about 2 weeks ago in hopes of controlling my hormonallly induced acne that even Accutane couldn't control. It'd pop up during the time of the pop and it drove me crazy so I started Yasmin. For the past 2 weeks, I've been gettin these tiny bumps all over my forehead and around my mouth! Mind you I NEVER broke out there before! Is this the initial breakout phase.... when will it go away? :(

I just started Yasmin BCP about 2 weeks ago in hopes of controlling my hormonallly induced acne that even Accutane couldn't control. It'd pop up during the time of the pop and it drove me crazy so I started Yasmin. For the past 2 weeks, I've been gettin these tiny bumps all over my forehead and around my mouth! Mind you I NEVER broke out there before! Is this the initial breakout phase.... when will it go away? :(

Yeah, it's just the initial break out, don't worry. Your skin should settle in the next two or three weeks.

Oh, I hope you're right! I haven't had this many bumps on my forehead.. since.. forever! My forehead always used to be ulta smooth and clear.... this sucks!!! I just hope it's just my body adjusting to it :confused:

I've never heard of an IB with birth control... but I'd stick with it as Yasmin is really good for hormonal acne. (and cramps... frickin' uterus...) You might just have had a bad week or two. Usually IB's are just "leftovers."

Okay so my forehead's rapidly clearing up :dance: I guess my panic attack's over. :)

I think it was just my body getting used to the BC. My forehead was soooo gritty for 2.5 weeks and now it's almost ultra smooth once again as it always have been. yay :D

I've never heard of an IB with birth control...

Just about anything that can clear acne can cause an initial breakout, including hormonal treatments like BC.

Lilobebe - glad you stuck with it and are clearing up.

Okay so my forehead's rapidly clearing up :dance: I guess my panic attack's over. :)

I think it was just my body getting used to the BC. My forehead was soooo gritty for 2.5 weeks and now it's almost ultra smooth once again as it always have been. yay :D

That's good. I've started BC too- Diane though. I've also found that it broke me out (got like 2 blind-spot pimples and like you, some little bumps). However, I've just gone past 2 weeks, and I think its starting to settle down now, and hopefully I will start clearing up. It's weird how nothing can really defeat hormonal acne! I was on the CSR for 2 years, and it cleared me up so well...then all of a sudden, I started breaking out again! Grr damn hormones.