Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
5fiive5

Acne on One Side of the Face

I wonder why I break out more on one side of my face, last month my right side was all broken out, this month it's my left... right now my right side is almost completely clear while my left looks like a pizza face. WTF!! ...Oh ya, and I sleep on my back, so I have no idea what is causing it......any ideas?

same with me.... acne on my left side.... i was thinking the side you choose to chew your food? x___x

same with me.... acne on my left side.... i was thinking the side you choose to chew your food? x___x

yeah, i got no clue, but im not sure that which side you chew with has much to do with it cause your glands aren't connected to the inside of your mouth in anyway.

how do you guys sleep? I ask because what can happen is when you sleep with the side of your face smooshed down into the pillow, the oils in your skin, get trapped against it. This blockage can cause acne only on that side. What I, and a number of others do, is sleep facing up. While it may be a tad less comfortable, one gets used to it and it does help.

-bob

Oh yeah i almost forgot something. i first got hair on the right side of my face only (i mean the left had some but mostly it was just the right). then the acne broke out. it was definetly worse on my right. after a while it abated. then i started to grow more hair on the left side of my face, and acne sprung up a hell of a lot more severely along that cheek. it was really weird and i don't have an explanation for this. it was almost as if one side of my face was going through puberty before the other.

anyways try the sleeping trick and tell me if that helps

how do you guys sleep? I ask because what can happen is when you sleep with the side of your face smooshed down into the pillow, the oils in your skin, get trapped against it. This blockage can cause acne only on that side. What I, and a number of others do, is sleep facing up. While it may be a tad less comfortable, one gets used to it and it does help.

-bob

Oh yeah i almost forgot something. i first got hair on the right side of my face only (i mean the left had some but mostly it was just the right). then the acne broke out. it was definetly worse on my right. after a while it abated. then i started to grow more hair on the left side of my face, and acne sprung up a hell of a lot more severely along that cheek. it was really weird and i don't have an explanation for this. it was almost as if one side of my face was going through puberty before the other.

anyways try the sleeping trick and tell me if that helps

I really really tried sleeping on my back, but it's too hard and not so confortable. Also, sometimes I fall asleep facing up and then when I wake up, my face is on the pillow. So, I think I'm gonna just try to change the pillow cases more often.

I think it's hormonal. It could also have something do with which side you shave?

I also have worse issues on the left side of my face - I think it's also hormonal. Maybe a chance event during my embryological development caused more sex hormone receptors to accumulate on my left side. Plus that's also the side on which... shall we say... certain things are bigger... :)

I also have worse issues on the left side of my face - I think it's also hormonal. Maybe a chance event during my embryological development caused more sex hormone receptors to accumulate on my left side. Plus that's also the side on which... shall we say... certain things are bigger... :)

i have done sleeping experiments on different sides of my face(which is hard because i find sleeping on my left side soo much more comfortable lol). but anyways, i noticed that the side that i WASN'T sleeping on tended to break out more, weird?