Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bob Smith

electric vs. hand razer

hi,

my mom insists that an electric razer is less irritating to the skin because the blade never touches the skin. i noticed that dan said that the manual razer was less irritating for him. which is true, and what is the theory behind it?

Thanks,

bob

hi,

my mom insists that an electric razer is less irritating to the skin because the blade never touches the skin. i noticed that dan said that the manual razer was less irritating for him. which is true, and what is the theory behind it?

Thanks,

bob

Manual razors shave closer, so if you do it correctly (with the grain, not against) you might experience less irritation. However, an electric razor doesn't get as close to your face, but it might rub your skin differently and it doesn't necessarily shave with the grain... it's a toss-up, if you ask me. Then again, I've used both, but just on my legs, and I don't break out there so I'm not careful at all ;) Whichever one works better for you.

i prefere to wet shave,

because it also exfoliates your skin so it helps to remove dead skin etc.

altho your beard looks better if you trim it with an electric as you get the sexy stubble hehe.

but i prefere clear skin so :D

il wetshave til me acne is gone :D

Try using the sideburns part of the electric razor to shave your face, or buy a standalone sideburn trimmer. It wont shave as close as a razor, but its close enough. This won't irritate your acne like shaving with a razor (electric or not) would do. Also quicker.

Aight thanks,

but what about, about on my chin because some of the hairs go in weird angles? should i still try to shave with the grain to avoid chin acne?

peace,

bob

o yea and my hair doesn't grow out in one day so i don't really have the problem (or whatever dami4n calls it) of stubble by the end of the day

Aight thanks,

but what about, about on my chin because some of the hairs go in weird angles? should i still try to shave with the grain to avoid chin acne?

peace,

bob

o yea and my hair doesn't grow out in one day so i don't really have the problem (or whatever dami4n calls it) of stubble by the end of the day

any of ye tried this, I find it good, although a bit worried about the lotion it squirts on to your face:

http://www.philishave.com/

if you dont mind alittle hair on your face i would suggest a beard trimmer, a good one though so it doesn't dule fast and just use that.with those you can be very gentle and accurate. thats what i use and i dont get irritation.

I'd say hand razer, I use Gillete Turbo 3 which is very gentle.

If you use hand razer you can choose how gentle you are you see.