Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikki333

I went to the beach and tannin salon on Accuatne, here's what happened

I am very fair and usually burn without being on tane. I went to the tanning salon and went on a bed for 6 minutes, came out perfect just got alittle tan. Then 2 days later went to the beach. Put 50 spf on my face and 8 spf on my body. was at the beach for 3 hours and brought an umbrella in case i felt like i was burning. it worked out pretty well. Got just enough sun without burnin but enough to look like I had alittle color. it actually cleared up my back which has been breaking out constantly while on accutane. Please do not yell just sharing my story for people who like the sun like me. did get alittle rash on my chest, think it was from teh sunscreen but it was gone by the night.

good for you! sounds like you were cautious and protected yourself while experimenting with what works for you.....

nothing wrong with that! Personally I’m a fan of tanning and think it’s great for acne if regulated properly, just like you have.

I'm going to be trying the same thing in the next couple weeks, I just hope it works out as well for me :)

my question is, "How long have you been on accutane?"

You took a huge risk by laying in the tanning bed. that's all I have to say.

an spf 8 is not really protecting yourself, even when you are not on accutane, anything under a 15 is a waste of time if you ask me, on top of that people might not put on enough which cuts the spf even more. i am not sure why people go against so many things doctors recomand with accutane, if they say you should not go in the sun i would/did listen...

Awesome! Hope you had a good time on the beach :dance:

(I don't burn normally but,) I'm on tane now, and theres been a heat wave here for two weeks and I STILL haven't got burnt or gone a tiny bit red or anything; its great :D

I think tanes ability to make you more sensitive to burning varies from person to person.

Yeah. Exactly the same situation here. There's a heat wave where I live. I was in the beach for 3 hours with spf 25. I didn't even got red. Although I noticed I got a little tan on my hands after few days. However Im not doing this again. Just not worht the risk.