Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fashionista

Neutrogena Products - Yay or Nay?

For those of you who have tried various Neutrogena products, would you recommend using them? Have any worked well for you or made your acne worse?

I tried using the following:

NAY - Neutrogena Oil Free Face Wash (liquid) - Dried my face out

NAY - Neutrogena Body Wash - made my body break out

NAY - Neutrogena Body Wash Scrub - made my body break out

YAY - Neutrogena Moisturizer (came in a thin tub, expensive) - worked great on my skin but was expensive and didnt supply much product

I have just started using Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser and I find it to smell a little bit like hair dye and makes the inside rim of my nostrils burn a bit.. I think I'm going to stop using Neutrogena products.

Most Neutro stuff breaks me out like MAD. The ONLY product of thiers I can safely wear is the Oil Free, Non-Comdogenic, Spf15 moisturizer. Everything else just makes me break even looking at the bottles!

Yeah I've noticed a lot of ppl here hating on Neutrogena. I hate the stuff but it's the only thing that works for my boyfriend.

pretty much nay on all of them. after my 2nd try on accutane, i was desperate to try any product. i saw NeutrogenaOil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser on sale in walgreens and decided to give it a shot. my face was so clear literally in a couple of days. after 3 weeks later, my skin was so smooth and clear of breakouts.

so like the idiot i was, i poured out all my money buying other neutrogena products (Acne Mark Fading Peel (mad expensive), Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Gel (did nothing), Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment (nadda)) :shock: . my derm warned me that these products wouldn't do any good and suggested that i go back to accutane. well i told him i would wait off one more month cuz i was still weary from my last accutane session. well, one month later, my acne started to come back and now i am on my third session of accutane :wall: .

so anywho, i think neutrogena is probably pretty good for the mild acne people (my derm said SA is pretty good overall) , but for "vets" like me, i think neutrogena products is probably a waste of money. if you can afford it and have insurance, go to a derm and let him/her give you some prescription products.

Why didnt you continue using Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser if it kept your skin clear?

it did initially keep my skin clear, but my face broke out after a couple of weeks of using it. maybe my acne adapted to the product :lol:

hey,

i stopped using neutrogena products because they didn't do anything for me. i honestly don't see a difference between their products and all the other cleansers out there.

I just posted a few weeks ago about how I sincerely dislike most of the new Neutrogena products. Basically with this line of products I either love it or hate it.

Products I LOVE:

-Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment 2% SA (sadly discontinued, but I have 4 left!) Keep me CLEAR!

-Neutrogena Body Wash: I don't really have body acne but I use it all over and it exfoliates my skin really well and keeps it very smooth

-Neutrogena Triple Moisture Shampoo (not acne related but its amazing in my hair)

Products I HATE

-Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash: I've said it before, I might as well have washed my face with dish soap

-Neutrogena Rapid Clear Spot Treatment 2% SA: CRAP! It's wayyy overpriced, ineffective, drying, junk!

The one product that I'm iffy on is the Dry Touch Sun-Block, it really once as matte as I would have liked on my oily skin... I'm scared it causes break-outs so I'm not gonna test it anymore for the time-being.

i adore and ONLY use the neutrogena moisture for sensitive skin moisturizer. that is the only product of theirs i've dared to use and its very good. i used to use the spf one but i find thats a bit oily these days so i switched and am pleased at the results.

I've tried a couple of Neutrogena products with pretty much no success -- they either did nothing or broke me out more. The Pore-Refining Cleanser worked well for me for about a month, but then I kept getting pimples and the cleanser stopped being effective. I've also tried the acne mark fading peel, which also worked like a charm and then stopped working after a few weeks, and some sort of blackhead-eliminating mask (?) which didn't do anything even at the beginning. It's too bad, 'cause their marketing is so convincing and I'm always really tempted by their products, but they just don't seem to work for my skin. :(

I've tried a couple of Neutrogena products with pretty much no success -- they either did nothing or broke me out more. The Pore-Refining Cleanser worked well for me for about a month, but then I kept getting pimples and the cleanser stopped being effective. I've also tried the acne mark fading peel, which also worked like a charm and then stopped working after a few weeks, and some sort of blackhead-eliminating mask (?) which didn't do anything even at the beginning. It's too bad, 'cause their marketing is so convincing and I'm always really tempted by their products, but they just don't seem to work for my skin. :(

yeah, their marketing is really effective. i think i bought half their products just based on the fact i saw kristin kreuk on commercials :wacko::wall::wub:

Nay... I still use some of their products, but they're not miracle workers or anything. *sighs* Why doesn't anything ever work?!

neutrogena on-the-spot 2.5% bp has worked well for me

I second this recommendation. It is not as drying as 5% or 10%BP . I actually mix it with clindamycin (antibiotic) gel for all over the face.

The oil free acne wash kinda stings... I use it once in a while if I'm attempting to exfoliate. I use store brand though.

I really like the Clear Pore Treatment, sad it's no longer out there... biggest container of 2% SA I've been able to find, an it's not too drying. Works okay on my blackheads...

I use their SPF 45 sunscreen because it's one of the only non-comedogenic/PABA-free ones that actually protects my skin.

I've used some of their makeup, was not impressed. Used to really like the Deep Clean Cream Cleanser, it felt really nice to use, but I switched to cetaphil for oily skin and my skin's tolerating that much better.

They're pretty hit-and-miss if you ask me.

Neutrogena has some good products (like the Healthy Skin Face Lotion) and some bad products like their antibacterial face washes. I'd say they're overall better than most other large popular acne care lines, though.

ive tried a lot of neutrogena products. i hate all of their cleansers. the ones with salicylic acid in them irritated and burned my eyes terribly, the others were extremely drying. the moisturizers are way too greasy for my oily skin. however there are 2 products that i really love and that is the on the spot acne treatment which i use every night, and the rapid clear acne defense lotion which i use during the day. these products have really improved my skin and have lessened my breakouts although im still not a 100% clear. ive been using them about 6 months now.

i really like their oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin. it doesn't have SPF or anything nasty in it, its pretty much just moisture. im on differin and i get dry around my jawline if i don't moisturize and this stuff is amazing!

I like the glycerin soap they have the one with no fragrance or dyes. It cleans my skin and doesn't dry it out but I don't use anything else from them.

I used the Healthy Skin spf 15 lotion in the winter (before I had skin issues) with some success - it contains glycolic acid, so although there was a mild sting, it made my skin glow.

Tried using it again post-skin issues, and it just irritates my skin. Maybe it's because there's a lot more sunlight now, so it makes me sensitive. Hmmm... Or maybe it's because my skin just isn't happy anymore and reacts to everything :(

I have tried some of its products, not all suit me... I like the Pore Refining Mask, but I no longer can find it in the store now, dont know why.... I have emailed the authority but no reply yet...

yeah, their marketing is really effective. i think i bought half their products just based on the fact i saw kristin kreuk on commercials :wacko::wall::wub:

I worked with her on several occassions and she is quite rude and snobby. Fame has definetly hit her head hard!

As much as I hate neutrogena, I am wondering about their oil-free moisturizer. Some ppl here recommended it. I'm looking for a light weight non-greasy moisturizer that doesnt clog my pores or make my skin feel clammy. Should I try neutrogena or is there another kind of moisturizer out there thats better.. like cetaphil moisturizer?