Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just how many "Thanks, Dan" threads can there be? Just one more, I hope.

I started with terrible cystic acne at 14. Those were the dark days when I would pray to wake up with one clear square inch of skin. Accutane cleared that up, but it made my bones ache and my liver go crazy. And for me, Accutane's results were only temporary. All told, I've been through maybe 10 courses of Accutane, been on every possible topical and systemic antibiotics, and tried almost everything under the sun. At 31, my skin was no longer cystic, but I always had some troublesome areas that always had some spots. I figured that I was destined to live with spots for the rest of my life and settled with "good enough". I tried to be flippant about it, but really, I was pretty defeated by it all.

With a nasty break-out this spring, I Googled "acne" and came across this site. I spent some time reading the message boards and learned about the CSR. With my history of disappointment with regimens, I was very skeptical. But with the success stories, simplicity, and low cost of the regimen, I figured I could try one more thing.

Well, it's day 52, and I'm clear. And all I can say is "Thanks, Dan." And for anyone who is struggling with their skin or the regimen, or is thinking of giving up, just keep plugging on. I have seriously stubborn acne (and seriously sensitive skin to boot), and I'm clear. You could be, too.

See my before and after pics in this post.

Cam >B)

fabulous!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story!

It will definitely inspire others to hang in there and be persistent!

Wow nice skin m8. Congratz.

HF with all the fit birds ya gonna be pulling :~}

I started with terrible cystic acne at 14. Those were the dark days when I would pray to wake up with one clear square inch of skin. Accutane cleared that up, but it made my bones ache and my liver go crazy. And for me, Accutane's results were only temporary. All told, I've been through maybe 10 courses of Accutane, been on every possible topical and systemic antibiotics, and tried almost everything under the sun. At 31, my skin was no longer cystic, but I always had some troublesome areas that always had some spots. I figured that I was destined to live with spots for the rest of my life and settled with "good enough". I tried to be flippant about it, but really, I was pretty defeated by it all.

With a nasty break-out this spring, I Googled "acne" and came across this site. I spent some time reading the message boards and learned about the CSR. With my history of disappointment with regimens, I was very skeptical. But with the success stories, simplicity, and low cost of the regimen, I figured I could try one more thing.

Well, it's day 52, and I'm clear. And all I can say is "Thanks, Dan." And for anyone who is struggling with their skin or the regimen, or is thinking of giving up, just keep plugging on. I have seriously stubborn acne (and seriously sensitive skin to boot), and I'm clear. You could be, too.

does the cetaphil moustrizer make your skin oily????????

anna90210

Cam >B)

I've been thinking about trying the CSR for a while and the before and after pics inspired me because I have similar looking acne so hopefully my skin will clear up like yours did. Ordering tomorrow :dance:

Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer doesn't make my face oily. But I have pretty dry skin anyway.

Cam >B)

does the cetaphil moustrizer make your skin oily????????

anna90210

Cam >B)

Thanks, but the kudos should all go to Dan. And it would be fit blokes.

Cam >B)

Wow nice skin m8. Congratz.

HF with all the fit birds ya gonna be pulling :~}

Awesome! Your skin looks great and no one deserves it more than a handsome BC boy...Damn I miss home.

Very nice complexion indeed.

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting.