Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I have moderate acne scars all over my face I was wondering if any1 has tried Mederma? If you did did it clear them up ? reduce redness? And did it fade both old and new scars? OK thankx

I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE ARE GULLIBLES FALLING INTO THIS INFAMOUS TRAP!!!.

IF THERE ARE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO PROCLAIM THAT MEDERMA WORKS, I CHOP MY COCK AND FEED THE CHICKENS.

IF THERE ARE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO PROCLAIM THAT MEDERMA WORKS, I CHOP MY COCK AND FEED THE CHICKENS.

In that case, I PROCLAIM MEDERMA WORKS! Haha. :D

Kidding

In that case, I PROCLAIM MEDERMA WORKS! Haha. :D

Kidding

Any challengers? I am waiting to chop my cock

hi guys..i'm new to the forum...i actually used a whole tube of mederma and am using the second tube now.

i have mild to moderate acne but the problem was worse. i had very ugly hyperpigmented post acne scars . i tried using honey and lime to fade those away,i have been using loads of products like crazy and mederma was one of them...initially i did not notice any good effects of it or so i thought and so stopped using it after abt 15 days. i went to a dermatologist who prescribed minoz and i turned dark all of a sudden...yes minoz does cause u to become purple sometimes. i stopped minoz and got back to applying mederma and now i have visibly noticed reduction in my scars..but i think the incidence of new zits is on the rise...i don't know if its mederma or something else.

i have started the benzoy peroxide regime right now and am praying it works

I finished 1 tube, didn't see improvement. Instead, I switch to the scar remover that I found containing Vit A plus Allantoin and see improvements on my red marks. Before it was really dark close to brown. Now, it's light red.

hi guys..i'm new to the forum...i actually used a whole tube of mederma and am using the second tube now.

i have mild to moderate acne but the problem was worse. i had very ugly hyperpigmented post acne scars . i tried using honey and lime to fade those away,i have been using loads of products like crazy and mederma was one of them...initially i did not notice any good effects of it or so i thought and so stopped using it after abt 15 days. i went to a dermatologist who prescribed minoz and i turned dark all of a sudden...yes minoz does cause u to become purple sometimes. i stopped minoz and got back to applying mederma and now i have visibly noticed reduction in my scars..but i think the incidence of new zits is on the rise...i don't know if its mederma or something else.

i have started the benzoy peroxide regime right now and am praying it works

Mederma is bullshit!!!

i'm a new member, i live in australia and was just browsing through this message board because, thankfully i never suffered from acne as a teenager but now i'm 22 and suddenly borken out in acne which was very painful, itchy and embarrassing.

i had to become a member once i saw the product mererma mentioned(and getting a bad response)

i got rid of the inflammed acne with 5% bp, called oxy 5%. and now been left with red flat spots on my cheeks which i hate and are very noticable, even with make-up.

so i stated searching the net for any help, i found a site on mederma and decided to search for pharmacies in australia that stocked it. i have been using it for 2 weeks and can alresdy see an improvment!

the only down side i have found is that after drying it peels a bit, which looks a bit funny. but other than that its good. no burning, no itching. fast results. you do have to put it on a couple times a day but its worth it! when you think about your appearence, especially your face, you want fast results, with no side effects and definately not make it worse or get more pimples appearing.

i have found bio iol is VERY BAD with acne sacrs because it is OIL! which causes more pimples to appear almost instantly!

try merderma, its worth a try! it wont make them worse like other products, it is gel and clear with little smell, which works in reducing red spots.

Guest brandi79

i just bought this stuff and honestly it really stinks like hell.. It smells like crap and onions!!

You have to apply it 3x a day..

The stuff better work cause I just finished using Strivectin for 30 and saw 0 improvement!! NTM wasted 135 dollars on the bottle!!

A scar is a scar and wont come off pretty much sad to say.. But its worth a try for me

compared to bio oil its does not leave residue on your face but bio oil smells like roses and this stuff smells like crap!!

It does not stop the production of collagen!!

I know a lot of people are against mederma but it actually worked for me. I used the gel at first for my hyperpigmentation but that made my skin extremely itchy and it left a film on my skin that peeled off. So i switched to the cream. I am southeast asian so the marks left by acne is pretty dark.

I've been using it for about 1 month now and the hyperpigmentation is almost gone. I adjusted my dose to a thin layer in the morning and before bedtime. I also wait at least 10-15 minutes before and after applying any other product.

I have recently started to use Mederma (cream for scars) on my face- not because I have scars on my face, but because it says on the box that it can also be used as a moisturizer and sunscreen. I have acne, though, and I am wondering if using Mederma will worsen my skin.

The first 3 days of use, it seemed to make my skin much more moisturized, glowing, and even made my acne less severe (I had absolutely no breakouts during those days), but on the days after, my skin began to look greasy and I started breaking out again, not too much, but visibly.

Who has used this on acne or acne-prone and skin, and what has your result been?

Mederma itchs like hell in my face god i say maybe i will die or something with so much pain my face burns too please dont buy the shit its no good people

It stops collagen production, so indented scars will get worse. It also made me itch like crazy.
Mederma itchs like hell in my face god i say maybe i will die or something with so much pain my face burns too please dont buy the shit its no good people

It stops collagen production, so indented scars will get worse. It also made me itch like crazy.

THANKS BRO| I M THINKING TO BUY IT IN INDIA IT WAS COSTLY SO

Wow, I was really surprised at all the bad comments about Mederma here... It's worked so well for me.

I'm a compulsive squeezer / skin-picker so I have a habit of creating those nasty scabs. Even though Mederma is ridiculously expensive, it's always lightened fresh scars right away - making them go from dark red to pink and eventually back to skin color.

I didn't find out you aren't supposed to use them on open wounds until after I'd already been doing it for a while, but I'd had so much success with it I wasn't really inclined to stop. I think someone mentioned that it does leave a dent, and that's somewhat true depending on how deep the wound is. Mine are usually superficial enough for it not to matter, but I definitely wouldn't use it on a deeper wound.

Anyways, from my experience after a couple of applications (or leaving it on) Mederma will create a thin film that later peels off, and when it does the scab will be pinker or lighter. When I asked my dermatologist about Mederma she said it was basically onion extract with some sunscreen thrown in, but that the extract does increase healing. Another good healer is Neova DNA + Copper Repair Lotion. But both of these should really only be used as a spot treatment, since they're greasy and most likely comedogenic.

For those of you that said Mederma didn't work for you, I'm definitely not calling you liars. Everyone has different responses to skin products, so in the end we all have to try it for ourselves and then decide. (If we're willing to spend the insane amount of money on a tiny tube).