Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My main issue is that I have this shiny face problem, where my face is pretty much glistening, more pronounced on the nose and cheeks.

I use:

AM

-wash with Cetephil

-apply small amount of Dalacin T

-follow with Nutregena Healthy Skin SPF lotion

*Note, I switched my moisturzer because Cetephil lotion made my face VERY shiny

PM

-wash with Cetephil

-apply light covering of BP throughout face

I have to literally wipe my face with a kleenex by 11am because of the shine. I thought maybe it was the Dalacin T, so I tried not applying it to my nose of cheeks for a few days but it made no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I like to use witch hazel as an astringent for shiny-ness. I think it works really well!

The only thin g that will take care of oil permanently is Accutane. Or vitamin B5

I use oil blotting sheets. I get most of mine from an asian company check it out if you like sasa.com. They have all sorts of oil blotting sheets and brands. At the moment I'm using Clean and Clear oil control film. I find that there aren't many brands who do oil blotting sheets in the UK, and since I'm Asian I get some of mine on hoiday as well as ordering of the net at sasa.com for like 1.20 each. This is way better than those you see in Boots or the Clinique because they are like toooooo expensive. Who wants to pay 7.50 for Clinique sheets?! No one it's money grabbing. Also, check out Ebay, I see many HK sellers selling these because there are lots of oil blotting brands in Asia, but problem is they sell them in like lots of 20 packets, each having like 50 sheets, which makes me uncertain if the products are genuine or not so i stick to sasa.com.

The oil blotting sheets I use are very good, I've never tried the ones from supermarkets before but the one I use are Shiseido, it's found at the mall department stores. You can get a free samples too on most of their products =)

I'd recommend Papier Poudre, available on Amazon.com. The powder is noncomedogenic.

My problem with the Clean and Clear sheets is that they contain mineral oil and propylene glycol, and there are some people who think these are skin irritants.

Soul78 no facial wash will curb the oil secretion. It's from within deep down in the sebaceous glands. Like Sturz said Accutane is probably the best approved drug to halt oil production.

I also have very oily skin, but not so much acne. About 12 days ago I started using vitamin b5 to control the oil. After a week my skin has a bad break out, which really suprised me because I have not broke out in a long time. After 2 days all the pimples dissapeared and my oil decreased ALOTTTTTTT. I still use blotting pads throughout the day (biore pads).

My main issue is that I have this shiny face problem, where my face is pretty much glistening, more pronounced on the nose and cheeks.

I use:

AM

-wash with Cetephil

PM

-wash with Cetephil

I have to literally wipe my face with a kleenex by 11am because of the shine. I thought maybe it was the Dalacin T, so I tried not applying it to my nose of cheeks for a few days but it made no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cetaphil Lotion = yuck lol it burns the eyes too! and very greasy. Hmmm ... i suggest using the Queen Helene line of masks I have all 3 (the 3 the sell at CVS anyways) and i LOOOOVE them! Also go to www.cvs.com and look up Neostrata they have an Oil Controlling Gel its expensive but i would def. give it a try if i were you. Unfortunately not that it is summer time and there is so much humiidty everyone around here has a shiny face it is like impossible to not get swetay in this weather .. I HATE IT SOOO!

I also have very oily skin, but not so much acne. About 12 days ago I started using vitamin b5 to control the oil. After a week my skin has a bad break out, which really suprised me because I have not broke out in a long time. After 2 days all the pimples dissapeared and my oil decreased ALOTTTTTTT. I still use blotting pads throughout the day (biore pads).

Biore pads really arent that good and are pricey ... Clean & Clear are much better IMO but... Jess actually created a way to make blotting papers dirt CHEAP! She would take those toilet seat covers cute them up into squares and there u have it .. apparently they absorb the Oil exceptionally well.

honestly I do the regimen without using the moisturizer everyday cause it makes my face too oily also, works much better for me

I use:

AM

-wash with Cetephil

PM

-wash with Cetephil

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cetaphil Lotion = yuck lol it burns the eyes too! and very greasy. Hmmm ... i suggest using the Queen Helene line of masks I have all 3 (the 3 the sell at CVS anyways) and i LOOOOVE them! Also go to www.cvs.com and look up Neostrata they have an Oil Controlling Gel its expensive but i would def. give it a try if i were you. Unfortunately not that it is summer time and there is so much humiidty everyone around here has a shiny face it is like impossible to not get swetay in this weather .. I HATE IT SOOO!

Biore pads really arent that good and are pricey ... Clean & Clear are much better IMO but... Jess actually created a way to make blotting papers dirt CHEAP! She would take those toilet seat covers cute them up into squares and there u have it .. apparently they absorb the Oil exceptionally well.

Yes, believe it or not I stumbled on the toilet seat cover trick one day and it's super cheap way to blot oil. Most chain drugstores also have their own generic form of blotting sheets which are a bit cheaper than the C&C ones.