Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tuce_ii

Vitamin Supplements for the skin..

If you are looking to take a supplement route a good combo is

LYSINE, VITAMIN C (AS ASCORBIC ACID), VITAMIN E (AS d-ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL), PANTOTHENIC ACID (AS CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE), BORAGE OIL (ORGANIC, COLD PRESSED), FLAXSEED OIL (HIGH-LIGNIN, ORGANIC, COLD PRESSED), PROLINE, GREEN TEA EXTRACT (CAMELLIA SINENSIS HUNT) (LEAVES), GRAPE SEED EXTRACT (VITIS VINIFERA L) (SEED).

All of this can be found at a good health food store, plus use good sense with your diet and plenty of water

Hi. I have been using for 7 weeks lots of supplements prescribed by my naturopath, obtained at health food stores. Here is what has helped my oil and skin clear up, but often you get a breakout bad at first with all the toxins coming out and then victory!

25,000 i.u. maximum Vitamin A (I bought Herpacinine with it in there for skin especially at the health food store) Great stuff in a pill.

60 of the zinc with copper max a day. I take one 30 mg. pill and then 30 mg. of it at night, it is a blend of 3 zincs to make sure which zinc works best for me.

A multi-vite with no more than 150 mc. iodine (most of them do not have over this amount)

A Probotic if I remember to get it out of the frig.

A liver herb supplement to help my skin cleanse called TAPS.

Grapefruit seed extract pill twice a day

Vitamin E d-alpha of 400 i.u.

Vitamin C 1000 m.

Karen

Hope that helps. Everyone is different.

Yes, I do. I know it is alot, but this is the first time I can see results and it is from the inside out. I go back to naturopath in two days, third visit in 7 weeks, and she may lower the dosage on zinc, but if you keep it all under the safe dosage, how can it hurt? After trying everything under the sun and it not working or causing problems, this is wonderful! I was reading that there are more problems with traditional prescription medicine and overdoses, interactions, etc., then has ever happened with herbs, and I believe it!

Newcastlegirl

Hello This inside out method is very effective. It pushes out the toxins at a faster rate so that they don't sit and grow resulting in less and less severe breakouts. The following combo is what I use and anyone intrested can get a free sample of them by email request. My web site is listed so you can research the company I represent. Holistic treatment through cellular biology is growing in leaps and bounds.

Each pill contains

LYSINE, VITAMIN C (AS ASCORBIC ACID), VITAMIN E (AS d-ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL), PANTOTHENIC ACID (AS CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE), BORAGE OIL (ORGANIC, COLD PRESSED), FLAXSEED OIL (HIGH-LIGNIN, ORGANIC, COLD PRESSED), PROLINE, GREEN TEA EXTRACT (CAMELLIA SINENSIS HUNT) (LEAVES), GRAPE SEED EXTRACT (VITIS VINIFERA L) (SEED).

Karen @ USANAbyMAIL

It's great so many people seem to be getting into the "inside out" approach. This is the approach that will work long term.

To function properly, your body needs loads of vits and mins that it may not be getting (look at the excellent post "Look what I found".)

For loads of info get this book: The Optimum Nutrition Bible, by Patrick Holford.

It could change your life for the better. I can't recommend it highly enough. I'd buy you all a copy if I had enough cash. :X

I have come along with some articals stated about FACE food, means you provide vitamin A , C and E for yuor skin so that your skin wouldn't be oxided .

In additional, they may help to fade acne post inflammantory hyper pigmentation and scars.

Vitamin A in Retinyl Palmatite form

Vitamin B3 as Niacinmade form

Vitamin E as Tocopherol acetate form

Vitamin C as Ascorbic acetate form

Hopefully can help,

garkee2002

I just started about a month ago with some vitamin supplements and it has been working pretty well. I take an anit-oxidant table everyday with 15,000 i.u. Vitamin A

18 mg. Zinc

2 mg. Selenium

500 mg. Vitamin C

400 i.u. Vitamin E

Also a very good way to get rid of scars quick is to buy liquid capsules of Vitamin E, punture it with a pin and apply it directly to the scar or scab. Hope this helps!