Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fthea118

Jessfoliation while on CSR?

I think this is the best subforum to post this in because the others have members that do not follow the regimen. Anyway, has anyone used the jessfoliation method to get rid of red or brown marks (please specify which) and how successful were they?

When did you start using it? (how clear were you or how much time AFTER you were clear)

It appears that everyone says that this is the most effective inexpensive method to help clear up post-acne marks. However, Dan states that it caused him to breakout.

Although some people do scrub their face with a brush, I think there are less irritating ways to help heal redmarks. Using a product with AHA can help the redmarks resolve. AHA is a chemical exfoliant and in general the chemical exfoliants cause less irritation that manual exfoliation (scrubbing, brushes, beads, etc.)

I think it is a good idea to wait until you are clear of active acne before you try the scrub brush, that way you will know it if is breaking you out.

So, just be aware that for some people it is just too harsh. If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it goes for you.

I'm using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion right now along with a gycolic toner. My skin is "shedding" so it is exfoliating, but my problem is that it doesn't appear to come off my face. After about a week it feels quite rough so I decided to go ahead and manually exfoliated with baking soda and a lot of flakes came off and my face feels healthier.

I know some recommend to just brush the flakes off with a towel, but they're pretty stubborn and leaving them there doesn't help the exfoliation process and I have also heard that flakes or dead skin can clog pores.

it actually sounds like you are OVER-exfoliating your skin. If you are using Neutrogena Healthy Skin plus a glycolic toner, you are probably using too much, and that could account for the excessive flakes you are left with.

A good balance with exfoliating should leave you with visible results as far as even texture, no flakes, reduced red marks. If you are still flaking, I think you are probably using too much. Try dropping the toner and just use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face lotion and see if the flakes get under control better.

Hmm, I dunno, you say its over-exfoliating but isn't it just exfoliating more? Since I have so many flakes, that means taht I must be reducing my red marks even faster right? But which do you think is better to keep? The Proactiv Revitalizing Toner or the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion?

I would recommend the lotion. Simply because you can kill two birds with one stone. It is a moisturizer as well as an AHA treatment.

Guest Sincerely_Me

I'm doing Jessfoliation day and night, and it's helped TREMENDOUSLY. I have a few zits and no "acne" left, so it's not a real problem. I've also added AHA to my regimen, and I'll see if that works in conjuction with Jessfoliation. Try it out, see if it works for you...it's all about trial and error.

^ Sincerely Me, when you say its helped tremendously do you meant that it has faded red marks tremendously?

Guest Sincerely_Me

^ Sincerely Me, when you say its helped tremendously do you meant that it has faded red marks tremendously?

I do. The redmarks on my right cheek are practically non-existent at the moment...my left is slightly slower, but very close. It has also helped with blackheads, and of course my skin texture is smooth. :D