Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tainteddogma0

TD0's Clear Skin Journal

Hello. OH! And before I continue I will tell everyone this. I don't like using these words, and I will only say them once:

zit, pimple, pop, whitehead, and maybe more.

But I will use *bump for the pussy referral. And I will use cyst freely. And instead, of p**, i will say explode. LOL! Sorry. Acne has always been such a sensitive subject for me.

So here is the story. I began getting acne in about 5th grade. It made me feel horrible but I never really did anything about it. (This is also the time my *cycles began) :P But a lot of my family (especially my grandma) always purchased products for me or would ask me about it. I'd use the products but I wouldn't be very erm... consistent about it. I've tried pads, astringments, creams, kits, pills, and nothing has really helped much. When I saw an ad for Clearasil Ultra (in 3 days ad) I bought it and used it all 8th grade. My skin was decent but not perfect. My friends even commented me once or twice. My dad would always make fun of me (even in front of my BF) and I would run of and cry and try to make it explose which only made it bloody and worse. I tried this regimen before but I had to stop because I ran our of 2.5% BP and just forgot it. So I am going to try again becuase my skin has been acting up and school is starting soon. I have several scars on my face, and after I am clear I'd like to work on those. I have one on my forehead between brows, a few on cheek, one about 1/2 long right after my eyebrow. Probably more, but I know those.

I'm not really starting today. Wednesday my mama bought me some Clearasil Ultra 10%, Family Dollar 10% cream, and Mint Julep Masque. I used the Ultra till today. I totally improved but my skin is flaking and I'd rather have little acne than flaky skin believe it or not. So, I returned the Ultra and got the On-the-Spot. I used this before but it ran out super quick using the suggested amount on this site. SO, i'm giving it a second whirl and I used the Spot tonight. So... here is an explanation of my regimen.

+Regimen+

Cleansers:

Equate Creamy Facial Cleanser

Noxzema Continuous Clean Microbead Cleanser

BP:

Neutrogena On-the-Spot 2.5%(full face)

Family Dollar Acne Treatment Cream 10%(several Xs, spot)

Moisturizers:

Clean & Clear Shine Control Moisturizer

Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer SPF15

Masks:

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

In the morning I wash my face with a washcloth to exfoliate and I use either hot water (REALLY hot, i can't touch it), or soap, or my new Noxzema I got today. My other Noxzema ran out. But this new is awesome feeling! I used it in the shower and it felt like my face was frozen (but in a good way). It is citrus-ish, so it goes with my Morning Glow well.

Then I use my new O-T-S all over, but not as much as recommended. And I'll let that dry then use the 10% for bumps and cysts. That stuff feels kinda gritty though. Ill cover the whole bump and not really rub it in so you can still see the white BP on there. I do this 10% spotting several times a day and usually the whole bump will be almost gone by night. After that all dries, I'll use my Morning Glow, and then my shine control too. Weekly I use the Masque. It dries up bumps well and takes care of pores and blackheads well.

Moving on! My Problems!--

I have large pores in my T-zone and under my eyes in that cheek area. My face is sorta red. I have blackheads on my nose, but getting better. I get cysts occasional but that has went down a lot. I have a red scar on one of the ^-^ points on my lip and it makes it look weird. But it has faded well. And there is also a small cyst under my nose that is sorta red. My skin is quite mild compared to some of the photos i've seen. Sorry I don't have photo's. My digicamera is messed up and my cellphone doesn't get good lighting.

SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's begin this diary. I will post daily, maybe even several times daily. And anyone can comment. Thanks for reading if you did.

Since Wednesday of Clearasil Ultra, stopped today.

DAY ONE+

My skin has been peeling since using Ultra. But I used very little yesterday and today. Only using 10% Spotting on bumbs and cysts. I returned Ultra and got OTS (on the spot). So I hope it works well again. I showered earlier and used my new Noxzema. It felt like ice and was super nice. I followed up with some full face OTS and let that dry. Then I used 10%Spotting. After that! :wacko: I topped it off with some moisturizers. An hour ago or so, i spotted again. And I will again before I sleep. Thanks for reading. Please reply and give me your thoughts. I will post tomorrow morning!! BYEBYE!

GRR! No replies :doh:

Day 2+

So, I didn't improve much today... :( I just did my second round and I feel like my face was going to melt off. I suppose I will take it easier with the 10%. I saw the CSR Gel today and I was like. wow, that is a high price but then i saw it was 5.3x's more and only 3$ more than was I was using. So when this stuff goes away Im going to try to get that. I would love to get a gel too. Everytime I rub my face and BP comes of I think my skin is falling off. :D I'll be using my Julep Masque in the coming days so that will really help. Does anyone use the cleanser I have? Im beginning to think I should got the Neutrogena Soap or pHisoderm or Sea Breeze... :( Someone show interest in my ugly skin?!!!?? JK. BYE

It is officially day five, counting the Clearasil Ultra. SO...

Starting at Wednesday.

Day 5+

Here are some pics of me right now at Day 5. Sorry if they are blurry.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Ok, I hope those all look nice, or ugly. So today! My skin has several dry patches and is peeling quite bad. Some new acne has formed but is almost gone and you can't tell with all the redness. It's really improving, just hope peeling stops soon. Cheeks and chin seem to be worst and the area between my brows. Please let me know what you think. :D

BYE, have a nice 4th o July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Hey, remember that irritation causes acne as well. Using extremely hot water isn't going to kill pimples, it will just irritate your skin and make you breakout worse. Use luke-warm to warm water whenever cleansing. You should also try using one of the cleansers that Dan suggests using for the regimen, or even the CSR cleanser itself. The neutrogena OTS is ok to use. Oh yeah, and you should only apply BP about 10-15 minutes after you cleanse, not just randomly throughout the day. Have you read through the regimen instructions and watched the videos? They will help. That's all I can suggest, Good Luck on your regimen!

Hi there! You're a pretty one :) Don't worry too much about getting only very few replies, it took around a week for mine to get the first reply. As you pointed out yourself, you should really get the CSR BP. It works. And it really does! It seems like your skin situation is much like what mine was a month ago. (Visit my log here http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=99987). I'm going to get Dan's cleanser myself, next time I'm ordering a supply of BP.

But really, good luck with the regimen, and try to stick to what Dan suggests as much as possible. Then you'll get better skin in no time.

And welcome to the boards :)

Yes I would really suggest getting Dan's BP. I was a long time user of OTS but when i made the switch i noticed a pretty big difference, and you just can't beat the cheaper price. Oh yeah and one more thing, remember to be ***very gentle*** to your face

Hehehe, I'm not pretty >.> :P

But I have done the regimen before. I know I should be gentle with my skin, but I have my own takes and thoughts about skin care. I do plan on getting the CSR BP, after mine runs out. And I no longer put on BP in random daily integers, I put it on in the morning and at night. I have a really bad problem though I may put 10% on it once. I like my cleanser very well, I think I may go with something else next time. Unlike everyone else I cannot order things so whismfully. Well, BYE! :D

Day 8+

Here is a pic to update everyone:

IPB Image

As you can see, I have a new bumpy in my eyebrow but it is small. The two on my upper lips were acting up today (still red marks but sometimes like a bump). Still marks and bumps on cheeks. Improving, but slowly. I hope I look awesome when school starts... :whistle: I started taking some vitamins today. I will take them at night for about 2-3 weeks. They are for hair, skin, and body. I hope I see improvements.

Thanks you both for posting... Till the next day. I have yet to wash tonight, I'm so lazy, so I must soon...

Bye

Day 10+

Looking good. Face has been acting up because period is on its way. My teeth also hurt. I've been taking my vitamins and doing the regimen. Face is a bit itchy and has been getting sorta red around my mouth. No peeling, except for BP. Pic:

IPB Image

Improving? I would like to lay out in the sun again, my face looked better when I had. I think I have kind of a big nose... ?? :liar: Hehe. No active bumps, just some red marks and fading bumps. Looking pretty nice! :D With make up I should look perfect, I havn't taken photos with make up on yet. I hardly ever wear it because of how scaly I look. Please feel free to comment. Im hoping to order CSR Gel someday. Face hurts right now :( Wish it the best!

bye

Do your skin a favor and ditch the Noxema scrub and the mask for now. Those things don't help acne and can actually make it worse.

Believe me, I wish I someone had told me not to use scrubs and masks when I was your age. They do NOT help.

The Regimen works best when followed exactly as Dan has set it up; a gentle unmedicated cleanser, 2.5% bp, and an oil-free moisturizer. No other products needed.

You give yourself the best chance for optimal results if you follow it exactly.

Good luck and let me know if you need help.

Wow, I am back. I can't believe I have been doing this regimen for 8 months. And I recently noticed... Geez, why does my face look so crappy, i've been doing this regimen forever. And then I noticed that it wasn't even acne, but red spots left over from months ago! Its only on my cheeks and chin, my forhead is consistently clear. So I've added two pix, they are blurry, camera sux. But they show all of my red spots.

I have a somewhat new regimen than when I started and I am starting to use a Vitamen E lotion tonight for the redness. I probably won't be on much here... i hate all message boards with a passion. So just let me know what you think.

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Today i've began a new Regimen. I'm only using BP in the morning and I'm trying a ACV toner for night. I also purchased Aloe Vera Gel for moisturizer and don't forget, I have Vitamin E oil.... I don't know how I'll slip that in... I guess before I sleep on the red marks. Here are some pictures immediatly after an Apple Cider Vinager rub. I suppose I should add some more water to dilute it. Notice the extreme redness.

I'm going to apply the Aloe Vera Gel soon to combat this now redness as well as the dryness. I've been a bit scaly for a few days.

Picture063.jpg

Picture065.jpg

I hope to see some results in the coming weeks. Hopefully my complextion will better by next month. That's my goal! I also have a mini breakout along both temples. There are a few very small bumps. Nothing major, should be dried up in a day or so.

Wish me luck!

That redness was just with the Vinegar. And the more recent pictures I have taken are usually right after I apply or wash so it seems a tad red. The BP doesn't bother me much anymore but I still need to moisturize.